Chapter 10 Callahan

I spent the next few days after the rogue had killed one of our pack members stuck in pack meetings with my father. All of us trying our best to track the rogue that had killed one of our own. The image of his heart on the table was permanently engraved in my mind. Yet it seemed that the rogue had slipped away completely undetected. There was something about this attack, it felt personal to us somehow. As each meeting bled into the next one, my mind would go to Mira. Mira was unaware of what was going around her, unaware of the danger around her. I had left so quickly, that I didn't get to explain very well why. My wolf was becoming anxious, after watching her apartment all night on Sunday, to make sure she was safe left me little time to actually sleep. Within the past 48 hours, I maybe got five or six hours of sleep. All I wanted to do was go to her and keep her by my side. To make sure that she truly safe. But I knew that she would find that creepy, and perhaps a little possessive. I knew I would have to tell her the truth soon. And I wasn't sure if she would accept the truth. Most humans don't, they find it insane to think that werewolves were real. When werewolves were the least of their mortal problems.

After three long and exhausting days, neither my wolf nor I could take it any more. We both had to go see Mira. After another pack meeting, where the trackers still hadn't caught the scent of the rogue. We were beginning to lose hope on all fronts, the wolf's mate had become inconsolable. I was worried for both her and her son. They had permanently moved into the pack house, so my dad could keep an eye on them. But I knew that it wouldn't be enough, that we may have another dead wolf soon. When one's mate is killed, the other slowly begins to lose the will to live. I was worried that was what was happening with her. And that young boy would lose both his parents. All I know is that I couldn't let Mira suffer that fate. I needed to see her. I drove down to Reed Publishing. I could smell her, she was here. Thank God, I got out and ran my hands through my hair and fixed my suit. I had posted two wolves to both her apartment and her work after the I spent Sunday watching her apartmant. To make sure that no rogue would get to Mira. She was human, and she could easily be killed by a wolf. That made me nervous, but I knew that she was strong. If she could survive the trauma of her world, then she could survive our world. I walked into the building, and the receptionist looked up. Her mouth wide, I knew that she found me attractive. I could smell it on her. She was young, and from what I heard was also a promising publisher. She also was an aspiring author as well. I gave her a kind smile. Which made her cheeks go bright red.

"Is Ms. Beckett in today," I asked. She gave a bright smile, cleary her and Mira were close to one another. She looked down at her computer.

"Yes, she is in her office. It looks like her schedule is clear until later this afternoon. Her office is the third door on the right Mr. Darcy," she replied.

"Thank you," I said smoothly. I walked down the hall. Counting the doors, coming to the third door. I knocked gently on it.

"Come in," Mira called. I opened the door and walked in, shutting it behind me. I met Mira's gaze, which was one of shock when she saw me. Her cheeks were now flush with color, I could tell she felt the mate bond between us. It would be stronger now that we have spent time together. She was sitting behind her desk, her hair pulled in a bun. She had glasses on and there was a pen in her mouth. My mind immediately wondered what it would be like to bend her over that desk. And plunge myself inside of her. She looked so sexy at that moment. I took a deep breath, trying to steady both myself and my wolf. She took the pen out of her mouth, and cleared her throat. Snapping me out of my dirty thoughts.

"Callahan Darcy, what a surprise. I wasn't expecting to see you today," she gasped. She put the pen down on the desk and stood up, and I could feel myself get hard. She was in a form fitting black dress that hugged her curves. It was low cut in the front exposing her breasts, but it wasn't too low cut to be distasteful. She was also wearing those same black pumps as before. My wolf was scratching at my barrier, wanting nothing more than to rip her clothes off and take her over that desk over and over again. Until she screamed my name.