Stress (smut)

(Y/N)= your name
(E/C)= eye colour
(H/C)= hair colour
(F/C)= favourite colour
(S/C)= skin colour

Everyone has those days where they literally just cannot be bothered dealing with anything that day, the type of days where you just can't help but feel like hiding under the covers, pull at your hear, scream out every profanity under the sun and sit miserably on your couch with a pint of Ben&Jerry's ice cream. Unfortunately, when you live a life that consists of nine hour shifts five times a week, you don't have the time to mope around and vent out your emotions. Hell, I barely have time for an active social life anymore.

The only person I actively see every day without becoming increasingly frustrated is my fiancé, Loki, if it weren't for him then I would definitely have launched myself out of the nearest window by now. Every time I come home to him is like walking through the gates of heaven, he treats me with the upmost care and love, he's the only source of stability in my life; I would be lying if I said I didn't emotionally rely on him more than I should. 

But can you blame me? Starting every shift at 8:30am and clocking out at 4:30pm is so physically and mentally exhausting, I barely have the energy or the time to venture outside with Loki anymore - my work is straining our relationship. I miss the nights where Loki and I would sit outside on our balcony and point out different constellations that dotted the night sky. I miss being encased in a rainbow tunnel every time we travelled to Asgard together. I miss being able to enjoy the little things, they keep me sane.

Sometimes I don't even get to come home to Loki, and it seems as though I'm returning to a mundane, silent home more often than ever. It's no secret that Loki is a prince in Asgard, which means he has duties to attend to every now and then, leaving me in Midgard by myself for weeks at a time. I love Loki with every fibre of my being, there isn't enough stars in the sky to reciprocate how much I adore him, yet I loathe every conversation we have that includes him leaving to Asgard yet again.

It makes me wonder what our marriage together is going to be like, that's if Loki even decides he still wants to marry someone who's life seems to solely revolve around mountains upon mountains of work and has the emotional range of a teaspoon. It pains me in more ways than one to even imagine a life without Loki, he's my home, my soulmate, my confidant, my one purpose to keep pushing. A life without him is a life without colour, and to be quite frank, he prevents the little sanity I have left from spiralling down a hill.

My body is unnaturally tense with the amount of frustration and irritation fuelling my veins, muttered curses of my boss fall mindlessly from my mouth as I dwell on the fact that I have a mountain of paperwork to complete before the weekend is over. To make matters even better, my boss' orders to finish the horrific stack of paperwork in my own time was followed by a nasty threat to fire me if I so much as handed in my work a millisecond too late. 

I groan as I pathetically struggled to fit my key into the lock of my home with the damned stack of papers in my arms, almost crying in relief once the key finally cooperated with me and I'm able to enter the comfort of these four walls and rethink my life's choices in peace. The door slams shut behind me, making me wince slightly at the startling bang, Loki would usually remind me about slamming doors; I find myself missing his useless lectures as I'm met with a deafening silence besides my own footsteps.

A sigh of relief falls from my mouth as I sat the horrid paperwork down on the dining table, my eyes surveyed the size of the stack and I blink back the tears of pure stress that threaten to leave their trail down my cheeks. This isn't my first time doing a ludicrous amount of work for my boss at home, but this time feels so much more worse and burdening compared to the ones before. I was ready to snap, my emotions were swirling around in my head like a ticking time bomb with an unknown time to detonate.