Chapter 1

Isa's POV

I lay in bed staring at the ceiling. I'm on the top bunk right now and in a room full of 19 other girls. Right now there is a younger girl called Ruth underneath me. She is around 7 and this is her first night. Last night all I could hear were here sniffles and quiet cry's. She's 7 for fuck sake she should be crying over not getting a toy she wanted or because a character died on a tv show. She shouldn't be crying because she got abandoned. Then I hear a knock on the door.
"Isa. Isa are you awake?" She whispers as she makes her way over to me.
"No sue I'm not awake." I say sarcastically as it's still quite early. Well atleast I think it is.
"Your brother is meeting you down there. There is a couple here to see you." Sue says.
"Well tell the couple maybe in a bit." I say.
"You have to get up isa."
"I don't have to. What you gonna do lag a hand on me and I report you like that." I say and sue sighs. Sue is very nice but I'm grumpy in the morning especially when I have had nothing to eat. Sue leaves the room and I close my eyes again trying to get some sleep. That's when I hear the door open again and this time Dorothy comes in. Dorothy is the head of the orphanage. She's nice but she's also very strict.
"Get up now or no football for a week." As soon as she says that I shoot up.
"Get changed then come down there's a couple waiting." Dorothy or dot which I call her to annoy her says. I salute to her which causes her to roll her eyes. I just put on an old football shirt on cam's and a pair of shorts. I walk down and see sue making breakfast and Cam sat on the table eating waffles.
"Sorry about earlier birdy." I say to sue. I call sue birdy because of sue bird who happens to be married to a player of one of my favourite football teams. The uswnt. The only time I don't like the uswnt is when there playing England.
"All good isa. Waffles like your brother or something else?" Sue asks me. Sue only ever asks me and Cam what we want but that's because we're normally up first and deep down I know she feels very very bad for us.
"Alright you lot listen up. The couple is here now they are in my office you guys make your way to the meeting room." Dot says.
"Yes Dot." I say.
"Ma'am yes ma'am!" Cam says and then he salutes. Me and can finish up and give our plates to sue. We then start our way to this small room with a table. There's two chairs on each side and me and cam go there every other week. As we sit down cam whispers into my ear.
"5 pounds. Or dollars. 5 dollars they won't make it past 5 minutes." Cam says.
"Your on." I say as I shake his hand. At this point dot comes in with a couple. Not gonna lie I started fangirling. I straight away whispered in cams ear.
"You know who that is don't you!" I whisper shouted only loud enough for him to hear.
"No." Cam says.
"That's ashlyn Harris and Ali krieger!" I yet again whisper shout in his ear.
"US players?" He asks and I nod. "Ask for an autograph." Cameron says. And I shake my head side to side.
"Not a chance." I say to him as I hear a shout.
"CAMERON ISA!" Dot shouts. "DID YOU LISTEN TO ONE THING I JUST SAID." She screams.
"Nope." I say.
"Not like we haven't heard it enough." Cam says. And dot sighs.
"I'll see you lot in a bit." Dot then walks out. I see Cameron start the timer on his watch.
"I'm ash this is Ali what's your names?" Ash asks.
"I'm Cameron." Cam says.
"Isa." I say.
"Nice to meet you both." Ali says.
"Look please cut the crap. You don't want to adopt us you want to adopt someone much younger then us. You probably didn't realise we were 13 when you said you wanted to see us. Probably auto correct. I have a lot of good ideas for people younger though. Like how about Ruth she's 7 and she's so sweet." I start and get cut off by Ashlyn.
"No mistakes have been made. We saw your twos profile and immediately wanted you." She says.
"Ash is right. If we didn't want to adopt you we wouldn't be here." Ali says. Me and my brother just look at each over.
"You sure? We really wouldn't care we're used to it by now." Cameron says.
"We're sure." Ali says. I smile and I can tell my brother smiles too.
"Tell us a bit about yourselves then." Ash says.
"I'm 13.." I start but ash cuts me off.
"No like deep down not something I can see off you file."
"Well umm I like to surf skate play football and game. I'm quite competitive. I used to play for Arsenal academy and I've been selected a couple times for the England youth squad." I say and cam says similar stuff.
"Times up." I hear as Dorothy enters the room. This upsets me as I probably won't ever see this couple again. Other then on the tv.
"Hey your okay." Cam says as he puts an arm around me. I wipe a few of the tears that were on my face. This is the first time I have cried since the time we got abandoned.
"I like them." I say to cam and he nods.
"I like them too little sis." Cam says.
"We're twins." I say.
"I'm older by 2 minutes." Cam says and i smile sadly. No I'm not sad that he's older I'm sad that the one couple I actually felt family with is gone. I know that might sound silly but if your in foster care or in an orphanage the saying is true. Once you know you know. And right now. I know. More than ever.