Chapter 5

"Anyway just so you know Ash text me saying that the players are at your house now." Kelley says to me.
"Which players?" I ask.
"Not many. I'm not sure exactly who but I know Alex and Tobin are definitely." Kelley says.
"Alright." I say.
"You a bit shy girl?" Kelley asks me.
"Only a bit." I say.
"Don't worry about it. None of them are as funny as me but there all nice." Kelley says and I smile gratefully.
"Alright. Let's go." I say. As we're waking I hear my phone start to ring.
"One sec." I say to Kelley as I answer my phone.
"Hello?"

Other end
Me.

Isa?!
Hello? Who is this?
Already forgotten who I am?
Yeah. Who are you?
I'll give you a clue if you ask nicely
Or how about you tell me or I hang up?
Still got the same fire in your heart.
Who the fuck are you?
How's cam doing?
I swear to god. Tell me who you are or I'm hanging up.
Your bestie.
My bestie ha. Wait.
I think you know who I am now.
Jay! JAY I SWEAR IM GONNA BEAT YO ASS WHEN I SEE YOU NEXT. YOU MADE ME THINK I HAD A STALKER!
Your fault for not remembering me.
Fuck off. Why you calling?
Can I not check on my best mate and see if she's well protected.
Cams already overprotective. Now I've got ash and Ali. I don't need you to keep being way to protective as well.
If anyone puts one finger nail on you im getting Sam, Colby, Ty and we will meet cam there.
I swear to god. Cam is actually bad enough.
He's not bad he's good.
Whatever? How's sheff?
You don't wanna know about sheff. I wanna know about the USA though
Not much different to be fair. But honestly how's K-Town.
Brudda K-Town is the same same. And it won't change for another 50 years.
Your not wrong to be fair. Look I gotta go jd talk to you later.
You better. And make sure cams there too.
Whatever speak later bro.
Cya IH

"You right kid?" Kelley asks me and I nod.
"Perfect." I reply and she laughs.
"Let's get going then you won't be perfect when ash and Ali say your late." Kelley says and I nod.
"Race ya!" I yell before taking off and skating back home.

As I get to the front gate I am expecting to have to put a code in but I don't have to. The gate is already wide open. As I'm standing here confused Kelley catches up.
"No fair you were on a skateboard." She says.
"No fair? Your like 35 and the fastest on your team!" I argue back
"Yeah yeah but I still don't have wheels." She replies.
"Play against me in a match and you'd need wheels after." I say back to her smugly.
"Remind me to never play against you in a match then. I'm not fancying wheels anytime soon maybe when I retire?" She says and I laugh.
"Bet. When you retire I will come with you to get wheels instead of feet."
"Alright then Isa." What I didn't realise is that we were walking and talking. We were at the front door now. Great.
"Tell ash and Ali that I've just gone to water the dogs." I say a bit all over the place.
"First off you don't water dogs. Second off you don't have dogs. And third off your not going anywhere your coming inside." Kelley says and i realise how stupid I sounded. "Don't worry about it just come on." Kelley tells me as she she puts an arm around my shoulder and guides me inside.
"We're back." Kelley says well sings.
"Heyy." Ali says as she walks out and towards us. Ali side hugs me.
"You alright?" Ali asks and I don't say anything I just hum. "Bit nervous to meet new people?" She questions and I just show her my face which shows her her thoughts were right. "You'll be fine. Come on." Ali says as she places an arm around me and we walk in. I walk over and take a seat next to ash. I try to ignore the prying eyes of the other women on the table.
"Hey baby. You okay?" Ash asks and I don't say anything.
"Just a bit nervous aren't you." Ali says as I stay dead silent.
"Why don't you go get cam for us." Ash says and I nod.
"Ok." I say in the only voice I could muster which came across small and delicate.
"How has she changed so quickly a minute ago she was saying how she'd put me on wheels if I ever played against her and now she struggles to say okay." I overhear Kelley say.
"She's still young. She's been through a lot." Ali says and ash nods along. Then I walk up the stairs into cams room. He's sat there with his guitar strumming peacefully.
"Hey cam." I say as I sit next to him on his bed.
"Hey sis what's up?"
"Ash and Ali told me to come get you. There's err some new faces." I say.
"You being shy?" Cam asks.
"Only a bit" I reply.
"Did you talk to anyone?"
"I managed to say ok to ash."
"Isaaa." Cam says stretching out the aaa part.
"I don't mean to!" I say defensively.
"I know I know."
"It's just...... hard."
"I know it is Is."
"I feel like if I talk a lot to people I don't know they might uhm... make fun of me, insult me, hit me."
"Isa. Look I'm not gonna tell you they won't because I don't know that but I do know that if they do ash and Ali will smash their fucking heads so far up there arse that they won't be able to see how many fingers your holding up from a centre metre away." I laugh at the statement cam says. "Now come on or they will think you got lost on the way up here."