chapter 2: Willow's childhood

All the way over in central city lived the west family. The family included: 

Rudy West 

Mary West 

Barry Allen

Iris West-Allen

But there were also the honorary family members, Jay Garrick and his wife.  Rudy and Iris are siblings (sister and brother). Ruby is the oldest of the two. Rudy married Marry straight out of college. They were high school sweethearts. They were so cute together. Iris and Barry got married a bit ago. They met in college and then again years later and fell in love. Barry and Iris have no children. But Mary and Rudy have a little girl who is a joy in everyone's world. The girl of red hair and green eyes. Her name was Willow West. 

Willow grew up in the centre of central city surrounded by her family and by meta humans. She loved her life. Her parents were amazing. They supported her in everything she did. So it's no wonder when Willow became a huge science nerd. She took part in every science fair she could and she won so many science computations. She was a little science nerd. 

But she was also a massive geek. She was obsessed with the justice league, super heros and meta humans. She researched everything she could about them. Her room was covered with pictures of superheroes and meta-humans. But her favourite superhero of all was the flash. 

The flash was everything to her. He had super speed. He was a scientist too. He was really funny. He looked a lot like her uncl- 

Wait! 

"YOUR THE FLASH, UNCLE BARRY!"

Yep. Willow was over the moon when she found out her uncle was her favourite superhero. She wouldn't shut up about it. 

"You're the flash. My uncle is the flash. This is so awesome. You have to let me be your sidekick. I can help you fight crime. How did you get your powers? Please tell me. Maybe I can get powers too. Can you please let me be your sidekick?" 

Not even Barry refusing to let Willow be his sidekick or telling her how he got his powers, nothing would dampen her happiness about her uncle being the flash. 

Once Willow has her mind on something, there's no stopping her. So when Willow had her mind set on being The Flash's sidekick, there was no stopping her. She researched everything about metahumans, the flash and how the flash became the flash. She stripped searched hers and Barry's houses. So it's no surprise when she found out how Barry got his powers and then remade that experiment in her parents garage on herself.
However the effects of the experiment put willow in a 9 month coma. 

When willow woke up, Barry was forever sorry but Willow slowly started gaining super speed. So Barry let her be his sidekick and she became kid flash. 

She'll always be slower than the flash though.