Home changes

The dawn light disturbed Arthur from perhaps the best sleep he'd ever had. Sleeping next to Youko gave him a feeling of pure happiness. He probably felt such a way given the fact he'd held her hand for most of the night. That was why he was surprised and a little disappointed to find that come the dawn she'd disappeared, only leaving by the ground mat, which Arthur lay on.

"Typical." Arthur joked. "The White Witch living up to her reputation." Arthur slowly got up and wrapped up the ground mat. Deciding that he should wash it for her. It took some time for him to hobble back to his car and then make his way back to the family home. Once he got home, he found it to be very quiet and devoid of life.

"Everyone must be out." He thought. As he walked into the washing room, he overheard some quiet sobbing and the sound of a running tap. He slowly walked around to the kitchen and to the sound stopping and muttering. "Miho..."

Miho was sat slumped over, crying her eyes out as water began overflowing and dripping down the countertop. Arthur stood for a while watching her. He was completely unprepared for this. No amount of Nishizumi training could prepare him for a person having thoughts and feelings.

Arthur slowly walked over and turned off the tap before sitting down next to Miho. He didn't say anything. Instead, waiting for her to make the first move. Miho gradually began to rest her head on him. "I-im, sorry," she muttered. "I'v-ve ruined everything."

"Don't worry," Arthur held her close. "Don't worry, Miho, I promise you everything is going to be alright. How long have you been like this?"

"N-not long." Miho muttered.

"Well, you're quite wet. Shall we get you changed into something, Walmer?" Miho didn't say anything in reply. Merely nodding her head slowly instead.

Arthur slowly got up and offered Miho his hand. She took it and gently pulled herself up.

"I should clean up this me- " Arthur gently yet firmly cut her off.

"No, I'll sort it. Let's get you to your room." He gently led her by the hand. Going slowly and staying close to her. Miho follows along, her head down in shame. Arthur's words weren't breaking through to her, and as she was tucked into bed, she couldn't even say thank you to him. Arthur quickly went and cleaned up before returning to her room. The pair stayed in silence as Arthur sat down next to her.

After sometime, and Miho falling asleep, their mother returned home.

"Kuromorimine is not a place for you, sis." He commented, standing to his feet and walking to her door. Arthur looked at Miho before leaving the room and going over to his mother. Arthur firmly knocked on the door.

"Enter."

He opened the door to see his mother sat behind her table with a cup of traditional tea. His mother looked over at him, immediately noticing his gloomy looks.

"Alright son, what is it?"

"I found...Miho in tears today." He said, sitting opposite and holding his head low. "She must have been wash-hing up, but when I got in, she was slumped over, crying."

"That day is still affecting her." she sighed.

"Mother, we both know she can't cope."

His mother didn't say anything.

"Mother." Arthur repeated.

"I know...it's cruel to have her suffer. I'll take care of her. I'll find somewhere for her to make her own name.

And to be completely fair to Ms Nishizumi, she transferred Miho to a school where she could be herself. But it came at a cost for her. Their relationship never truly healed.

---------------------------------------------------------
Shorter chapter, I know, but hopefully still aids the story just as well.