Lessons

It would be an understatement to suggest that the few weeks following Miho's transfer were difficult. Arthur's mother became very closed off. Leaving them to look after themselves. Maho kept to her duties as a Tankery Leader. And Arthur? Well he was just left to his own devices all day.

On one such day, Arthur decided it would be best to return Youko's ground sheet. As he entered the woods he found himself getting slightly nervous. She was well known for how difficult she was to find. But Arthur didn't care. This was an excuse for him to get out of his hectic life for a moment.

He stopped. "Hello, Youko."

There was no response. Only a slight breeze and a few rustlings from the leaves. Arthur turned and looked up at a taller tree.

"It's only me here." He said as a little face revealed itself.

"How did you know I was up here?" It replied.

"I'm a really good commander." She chuckled at his witty remark. Youko slowly climbed down from her branch as Arthur gave her a helping hand.

"Thank you." She said with a smile. "So erm what brings you back."

"Well, you see." Arthur paused a little. He thought about what he should say.

Youko tilted her head slightly. "Well?"

Arthur lifted up the ground sheet. "Thought I should return this." Youko's smile slowly went away. She very quickly changed from her confident, quiet self to a shy, timid girl. Her eyes switched between Arthur and the sheet. It caused a little bit of confusion for Arthur. "Well, it is yours." He said, handing it over.

The pair looked each other in the eyes for a brief moment before looking away just as fast. There was a long, slightly awkward silence between the two.

Eventually, Youko broke it. "Thank you, Arthur." She smiled again.

"Don't mention it." Arthur replied, slowly turning around. "I should be off though I'll be back."

"I'll be looking forward to it."

Arthur would continue to visit Youko whenever he could. He found her to be really interesting and a joy to be around. Slowly, this would increase from every now and then to near enough every week. Each time, Arthur would get butterflies in his stomach. He couldn't expect why.

On one such visit, Youko decided to do some fishing, to which Arthur tagged along for.

"So you fish with a spear?" He fixed the point as they made their way to the river."

"Makes it more rewarding." Said Youko. "I have to actually think about it. Can't just wait around. And that's makes it better."

"For a sniper, you don't have alot of patience."

"I'm a hunter Arthur, not a sniper." Youko corrected. "I don't wait for my target."

"Right." Said Arthur.

They soon arrived at the river. Youko took off her boots and rolled up her pant legs, and began wading in. She turned to face him.

"You coming?"

Arthur looked at the water. "Is it cold?"

Youko scoffed. "Is it cold? Stop being a baby."

Arthur chuckled and slowly took off his shoes. "You're lucky we're friends." He joked.

"Friends?" Youko made a confused face. "I think as you more as food.

"Eh?" Arthur looked over quickly. Youko's confused look slowly melted into an adorable smile as she struggled to keep a straight face. Arthur laughed as he waded over. "You crazy fin." He gave her a playful punch."

"Ow."

"Oh, come on. Don't be a baby..." Arthur mocked as Youko rolled her eyes.

"You're definitely lucky we're friends."

Arthur and Youko then turned to the important matter at hand. Finding supper. Youko scanned the river bed before quickly jabbing her spear into the water.

"Gotcha." She exclaimed with joy. She slowly bought up the spear with a fish pieced by the point. "There's my supper. Your turn, Arthury."

Arthur took the spear and looked slightly nervously at the water. He quickly jabbed at it with the spear.

"I think I got something." He told Youko.

"Well let's see."

Arthur brought up the point but there was nothing there. He gave out a frustrated sigh.

"Seems I'm not as good as you."

Youko frowned. She carefully made her way over to him.

"That's cause you're not doing it right. Hold out the spear for me."

Arthur did just that, holding the spear out with the point facing down. Youko placed her hands on his. This surprised Arthur alot. They felt warm and gentle to him. Considering she was a wilderness expert, she really had soft hands. Arthur slowly felt something a little odd. It was probably nothing. Youko took control of his hands and moved them to different parts of the spear.

"Hold it there for better striking power." Arthur nodded. "Remember, no matter the size of the opponent, you must always control the situation. That's what makes a good hunter. If your opponent is always on the defensive, they can never strike a blow at you." Arthur slowly nodded again, taking quite a bit of notes from it.

"Maybe that'll come in handy."

"Well, you heard it here first." Youko looked up at him and caught his blush. "Think you can try again?"

"Yeah." Said Arthur as Youko stepped back. The pair waited for the opportunity to present itself. Arthur quickly jabbed at the water. He didn't move again for a bit.

"Let's see." Youko gestured to the spear.

Arthur slowly turned it to reveal a fish. He giggled a bit. He'd done it.

"Perfect." Said Youko. "How about we get these cooked off? I know a place."

"Lead on." Arthur followed Youko back to the land. The two would gather their things and treak through the woods to a small cabin. "Is this your place?" Arthur asked as they put their boots on the front porch.

"It is. Managed to clear it all out a while ago and spend a few nights here. It's small but cozy." She slowly unlocked a the door but didn't open it.

Arthur noticed her hesitation. "Is everything okay?" He slowly walked up behind her.

"I've never really had anyone come over before."

"Well I'm honoured to be your first." Arthur put his hand on her shoulder. "I won't judge anything, I promise." Youko slowly opened the door. It was a very sparsely furnished place. She sighed a little.

"There we go. Home." Youko muttered sadly. Though her sadness was quickly replaced with a little gasp as she felt Arthur's fingers interlock with her own. She quickly looked up at him but he spoke before she could.

"Can I get a tour?" He asked. This was a real surprise for Youko. Arthur was one of the first people to actively be interested in her. She nodded very quickly and pulled him in.

--------------‐------------------------------------------
No they did not then make babies together. Anyway that's chapter 7. Sorry for the slower releases, this chapter wasn't written at the same time as the others.