Epilogue

With the passing of time, relationships can flourish. It had been 10 year since that first date between Arthur and Youko. A simple trip to the arcade followed by dinner. But for the pair of them, it was perfect. It also brought up something new. Neither could see a future where they were just friends. They helped each other well for that. Two incomplete people able to match up and fill a void or two.

10 years is a heck of a long time. That first date spawned a second date. That spawned a third and then came another. Eventually, it was better to describe themselves as boyfriend and girlfriend.

Initially, Arthur's mother didn't support the relationship. Not out of any horrible feelings but rather an uncertainty as to whether Youko cared for Arthur or wanted the status. Ms Nishizumi knew what pain felt like and didn't wish for her son to feel that. But Youko was able to dispatch of that obstacle.

When Arthur got his first place, Youko very quickly moved in. The cabin was good, but Arthur was satisfying. Mind you they still kept that cabin. It made for the perfect escape. But they did do some work to it. Clear out the shrubs from the front, a little dirt path for a car, and insolation for the cold, dark winter.

A much older Arthur walked onto the cabin decking. It was a perfect morning. A cold breeze hung in the air. He stood quietly with his eyes closed, just listening. A few tiny footsteps followed after him. Arthur turned around and opened his eyes.

"Hey buttercup," He said crouching to one knee. "What are you doing to so early?"

They didn't answer at first, rather rubbing their eye and clutching a teddy bear was more important. "I couldn't sleep." They said with a quiet voice.

Arthur glance back at a chair. He gestured for them to follow him to it. They quickly did, with the pair sit down looking out, Arthur slowly put his arm around them.

"Daddy?" They quietly spoke up.

"Yeah?" He looked down at them. "What's up?"

"Why do you always get up so early?"

Arthur shrugged. "Just an old habbit, from went I used to live with Grandma and your aunties." He said. "Why do you get up early, Mai?

Mai copied her father's actions and shrugged. This cause a small chuckle from Arthur and a happy giggle from Mai. Arthur looked down at the small kid. She had the Nishizumi hair, but everything else was Youko. How on earth she'd managed to produce something so precious was beyond Arthur. But when he first lay eyes on his daughter over three years prior, he immediately swore to protect her, both from outside dangers and previous Nishizumi failures. 

"Daddy, can we all go play in the river today?"

"I don't see why not."

"Yay, I love you daddy." She said with a giggle.

Those words always made Arthur feel butterflies. Each time a reminder that his duty as a tankery commander may have been over, but his duty to his family would never end.

"I love you too Buttercup."

They both sat there on the bench together, Mai,  eventually falling asleep against Arthur. Arthur didn't mind. It was cute. He slowly looked over to the door way of the cabin. There stood was what Arthur considered the most beautiful woman in the world.

"Morning babe," He said quietly. "You look as stunning as usual." She took a seat on the otherside of Arthur.

"Morning Arthy." She lay her head on his arm. "You sleep well?"

"As always. How about you?"

Youko smiled. "Was perfect right until the big spoon left to sit out here." She joked.

Arthur wrapped his arm around her. "Well you know I like to get up early. Plus it gave me a chance to have this  moment. " He looked between both his girls.

"Moment could be better."

"How so?" He asked, turning to look at Youko. But just as he did, she ambushed him with a kiss filled with as much desire and passion as the very first kiss had. Arthur very quickly matched her as they had a few seconds of pleasantries.

Once they pulled away, Arthur quipped back an "I agree." As they both smiled. "I love you so much Youko."

"I love you too Arthur."

------------------------------
Well, I know a few people weren't happy with how the main story ended. But I still don't believe a dating period would be necessary. Hopefully you enjoyed the epilogue, and I will see you in the next story.