Changing

"You've problem noticed that I'm not fond of Miho... Well, that's certainly true. I've always played second fiddle to her despite me being the older twin, she's cocky, rude, and damn right never worked for anything at Kuromorimine. Maho chose her as her vice commander even though Erika would suit the militarism of Kuromorimine. But...something happened to my little sis on this day. She changed..."

-A few hours before the 62nd High School Tankery tournament-

Arthur had been stuck in a boring meeting with a few members of the school board. I should probably explain a bit about Arthur to you so you can understand the story a little better. Arthur is a second-year student at Kuromorimine and the brother to Maho and Miho Nishizumi. One of the activities he does is Tankery Commander for Kuromorimine's male team. The male side of the sport is not as popular as the female side, which regularly draws in millions. He doesn't care, he gets to play tanks with his friends and hey it gives him a purpose. although, many a time Arthur has found himself sidelined due to his sisters.  He hated this part of his day. But if he was going to command his fellow students in the upcoming tournament, he'd have to suffer the bad parts too. Today's discussion was based on the need for extra ammunition for Maho's team. This is as she felt Pravda was going to be a hard fight, and they'd throw everything at the Panzers. 

"I can get my lads to send two trucks worth of Panther and Panzer 3 rounds" Arthur stated.

"That'll be really appreciated," Said Maho giving a little smile to him. "If you'd like my girls to help with that"

"That won't be needed," Arthur got up from his seat. "I better get on this not long till you match." He very quickly left. 

"Trying to get out the meeting young one," Maho thought with a chuckle. 

Once Arthur and his team had finally organised everything, he and one of his crew made their way to the viewing area for the big game. there was a full carnival atmosphere complete with food vendors and gift shops full of tank-themed products. It took a while for the two to find a good place to sit. 

"Why do I have a bad feeling about this one." His friend spoke shaking his head a little, causing Arthur to glance at him. 

"Because you worry too much, the storm won't affect them," he replied as it started to rain lightly. "You know the girls...well one girl more particularly, really well" All his friend could do was splutter at this remark. Arthur chuckled slightly, having a Girlfriend was completely laughable to him. He didn't have the time nor the social skills for it. "Be really awkward if I caught you bot-" Arthur felt a sharp jab into his side. "Ow," he yelps before gently rubbing his side. 

"Point taken" his friend muttered quietly.  

Eventually, the match began. Although by the point Arthur had become quite bored, I suppose you can see that he doesn't like waiting around for things to happen. "ugh...I'm going for a walk." he stood up and made his way towards one of the food vendors. It took a while but eventually, Arthur would come to be the proud owner of one Hot Dog. His mouth watered at the sight, it had been a while since breakfast. As he went for a bite, he heard footsteps getting closer, yet he took no notice. He chopped down on...well nothing. "Eh?" He only saw an empty palm. "Hey, my food." Arthur started scanning for a thief. A little blue cap quickly ran into a crowd. His eyes narrowed but, soon they'd escape leaving a deflated victim to return to his seat. 

It's fairly well documented how this battle would play out, members of Maho's team put in danger, Pravda's refusal to halt the game, and Miho's heroism. One often not so discussed issue is the fallout. Many will know that Miho would leave for Oarai, but the Kuriomorime did not wish for this to happen.

Miho was sat alone by the river bank. She was soaking wet and shivering violently. As much as he wasn't her biggest fan, Arthur could not stand this. He quietly walked over.

"Sis..." he said gently, to which Miho replied with a violent headshake. "Sis," he said once more as he draped a towel around her and took a seat. "you have nothing to be ashamed of."

"B-but I failed..."

"Maybe, you failed the mission. But you didn't fail your team." Arthur said putting his arm around her and trying to keep her close. "You did well Miho. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise".

Miho gave no reply. Her silence was all she could offer, her shame built up, her fear built up. Big brother's words never once managed to break through. The pair sat in silence, Arthur wasn't too sure what to say. Instead his priority was to keep her close to him. It wasn't long till Arthur felt someone close up on him. Glancing back, he saw a very smug Katyusha walking over triumphantly.

"Katyusha is the greatest of all Tankery Commander's" she said in her usual annoying way.

"Great why did it have to be her." He thought to himself. "Would you mind going somewhere else?" Arthur said trying to keep calm but deep down he wanted to clap that small child down a few pegs.

Katyusha pointed angrily at Arthur. "You dare talk to Katyusha that way?"

"Katyusha go away, we don't want you here..." Arthur said getting increasingly frustrated.

"Katyusha will go but not because you told her to, but because Katyusha has a trophy to lift. Bye bye crybaby." Arthur's fists clenched hard at this. He himself was surprised by this, but something really got under him about this as he stood up and called. "Hey Short Stuff!"

Miho lifted her head up at this. "Ar-rthur leave it she's right..." Miho muttered as Katyusha turned around.

"You dare called Katyusha short?!" Katyusha said in her usual quick to anger way. "Katyusha is taller than all." Ironically Katyusha climbed up onto her taller friends back.

"Katyusha, you're a fucking bitch." Arthur got closer to her and looked up at her. Arthur glared, she glared. By now a small crowd had gathered to see what all the activity was.

"Nonn-" Arthur cut her off.

"Your team vs my team. I teach you some damn etiquette." This surprised many people. A male team had never played a female team before. It took Katyusha a few moments to come up with a response such was the extraordinary offer Arthur made.

"Katyusha cannot possibly fight a male team."

"I'll only use six tanks..." Arthur stated bluntly. "Bring your entire team, we'll kick you to the ground no matter what."

"Is this boy, getting cocky?" Katyusha question. "Katyusha will play your little game." She gestured for Nonna to take her away.

"A-arthur...why?" Miho asked as he helped her to her feet.

"Because I'm mad."

Pravda is a very strong team, it takes alot of work to break them down, but Arthur felt determined to give it a good shot. It was his duty, or so he felt

--------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you are all enjoying the story still. I wanted to make this story as different as possible from other GUP stories. Any thoughts would be really appreciated since I'm trying a new format of things.