Chapter Seven.

~~~~

Panic attacks in paradise...

Hyperventilating under candy skies...
I'm telling myself that this is fine...

I'm having the best time of my life...

~~~~

Rory~

Rory~

HERE we were, back at the Chateau, the only place that feels safe, aside from the fact that it was my home.

We dipped as soon as JJ had dragged us out and made our way back. And now, he had taken the role of a storyteller as he described the dangerous spiral, we three witnessed this morning at Ms. Lana's place, to Kie and Pope.

I was sitting on the comfortable chair that JJ always occupies out on the porch, as John B stood leaning on the railing. Kie was on the chair as Pope sat on the couch, both looking at the blonde boy who was speaking too fast for anyone with a decent hearing sense to understand what he was saying.

I knew he was stressed and scared but this is another level.

"And we were right outside, like this," JJ continues, pressing his back to the wall of the chimney, telling the two who missed witnessing the event while the rooster crows in the background. "And all we hear is just-- 'BAM! BAM! BAM!' Knocking paint off the wall, G! From the inside. Alright! And I'm just looking at these two like--" He cuts himself off, walking towards the couch. "Wait-- first off, look at this shit!" He shakes his head, running his hand through his hair as paint falls from it, and all over Pope.

"That's dandruff...disgusting," Kie muttered.

"What the hell?" Pope muttered. "Okay, thank you," he pushes him away to make him stop.

"Look at all that, okay? That's paint. At that point, I was just--like... I'm waiting for death." he adds, breathing hard from doing all the talking and giving the visuals.

"Uh, oh, okay... so you saw the guys that shot us, right?" Pope asked, trying to understand and register all the information JJ provided. 

"Yeah," JJ nods, pacing around the porch.

"Did you get a good description of them?" Pope questions. "What did they look like?"

"Yeah.. anything--anything helpful.." Kie nodded.

"Anything we can bring to a police report," Pope adds.

"Burly," JJ says after a moment.

"Burly?" Pope repeats, confused at his answer.

"Yeah, you know like--"

"That's not very helpful," Kie remarks.

"Okay, well, no, the type of guy at my dad's garage," JJ clarifies. "I mean, you guys know he made cargo hides for drug smugglers," he added, looking at all of us.