Chapter 5 : Prosperity

Chapter 5

Prosperity

.

.

.

"It's delicious!" you beamed at the sweet flavour

"Of course it is!" Mr. Yanxiao replied, it was obvious he was proud of his cooking as well as pleased with your compliment.

Mr. Yanxiao then proceeded to place a new plate of almond tofu on a tray with a glass of water while you stayed seated on the wooden stool.

"Here you go." he carefully hands the tray to you.

"Thank you!" you gladly took the tray with a huge smile as you stood up and started to make your way upstairs.

"Careful or you'll spill everything and make a mess!" Mr. Yanxiao scolded from below.

"Hey Auntie Goldet!" you greeted her with a cheeky smile once you reached the top before hastily making your way up the stairs once more.

Auntie Goldet shook her head with a smile as she watched you excitedly walk towards the inn's balcony.

You didn't realize how long it took you and Mr. Yanxiao to finish making the almond tofu until you stepped outside as you were greeted with the night's peacefull atmosphere.

'Huh...it was that long..?'

You shook your thoughts away as your eyes then observed the inn's roof, searching for a certain adeptus friend. As expected, he was nowhere to be seen.

He's probably doing his adepti duties or just prefer to be left alone for now. And for a child, you were actually smart enough to not pester him any longer since you believe he had already dealt with you enough this morning.

You gently placed the tray on the corner and began to speak incase he was nearby, "Hey Xiao!"

"I heard you loved almond tofus, so I made some for you," you paused for a bit and then lets out a small laugh, "With the help of Mr. Yanxiao obviously or I'll just burn the whole kitchen down."

"I hope it's to your liking. Thanks for accompanying me to Liyue harbor by the way." you smiled softly, "I'll be in my room, reading books, heh."

You turned around and slowly made your way inside before going downstairs, missing the black and cyan mists starting to form behind you.

.

Sure you were determined to enroll in Akademiya, but reading academic books all the time can be quite boring and tiring as time goes by.

So here you were, battling with yourself as you sat on the window sill with a pillow on your back. Your eyes were closed while your right hand held a book you were reading before which now lays limply on your abdomen.