Chapter 6 : Sword Oath

Chapter 6

Sword Oath

.

.

.

Years had past, and the once six year old girl is now twelve

Years had past, and the once six year old girl is now twelve. Not much had change in personality wise.

But it was undoubtedly obvious how your bond with a certain adeptus friend of yours had become much stronger.

"Hey Xiao?" you called out to him as you stood in front of the porch of your home.

And in an instant, Xiao showed up right next to you with crossed arms as he stared at you blankly.

Your eyes light up once it made contact with his as you tugged on his sleeves, it was now practically a habit of yours when you're asking something from him.

"Can you please teleport me to Wanwen Bookhouse?" you inquired expectantly.

Xiao raised an eyebrow, "What happened to the walks you prefer?"

"Well I would've walked there," you scratched your nape before grimacing at a memory you had, "If I didn't fall off from the hills back in Wuwang hill."

The adeptus deadpanned at you, giving you a disappointed look.

"It still kinda hurts.."

"And who's fault is that." his gaze sharpened at you.

"Hey, it's not really my fault that I fell because some boar ran straight to me." you put up both of your hands in surrender as you got defensive, "And the sun is setting soon. If I walk, the bookhouse will be closed by the time I get there."

Xiao sighed as he uncrossed his arms and hastily grabs your wrist before teleporting towards the said destination.

"Don't fall off the stairs."

"Thanks!"

You chose to ignore his words as you skipped your way towards the bookhouse gleefully, totally forgetting about the pain of walking you had just stated minutes ago. This didn't go unnoticed by the adeptus, yet decided not to say anything as he watched you with amused eyes before disappearing.

Your eyes wander around the various option of books offered, ranging from folklore to philosophy literature.

One book stood out to you than the rest. The book was left on top of a wooden table next to the shelves. It had a scarlet hardcover with a golden sword at the center, complimented with golden borders at the edges.

You shook your head in an attempt to get back on track, which is to find a social science book.

You gave a satisfied smile once you found the book you needed, but your eyes couldn't help but glance over at the place where you had seen the appealing book. Soon, you found yourself walking nearer towards it as you then picked it up.