Chapter 8:

Misleading the Misled, Discouraging the Discouraged.

As I un-perked the pillows, trying to make it not so obvious that I'd cleaned before he came, I heard the door bell, and Vanessa headed out the back. This was it. He's here, and probably to let me down all over again.

What I felt, when I saw Gage pawing Quinn, is unbearable. It make me sick to my stomach. To see someone I care so much about throw themselves at someone else is absolutely the wort feeling I have ever known.

When I answered the door, I could hardly keep from crying. He is naturally breathtaking. Every time I see Gage, I feel as if I just jumped of a cliff. My heart beats so fast, I'm almost scared a fire might start inside me from the friction of the hasty rhythm. He's eyes could distract me from anything from a meteor to the brightest, most flamboyant marquee in all of

Las Vegas. I believe his eyes are the 8th wonder of the world. Their beautiful golden-hazel tint sends my into a frenzy. Although he hates his smile, I don't know anyone with a more perfect one. When he laughs or smiles, the sides of his mouth pull up and he lets out a masculine guffaw which I simply adore.

"What's up Liz?"

"Um, not much. Come.. Come in," I could barley get my words out.

"You got something to drink? I'm 'parched'," he said in a phony voice. He was being playful, and I cant help but laugh.

As I pour him a glass of tea, I look over at him and notice he's texting. I wonder of he is texting Quinn. I become so infatuated with the vigorous movements of his thumbs, that I let the cup run over.

"Wow there, spaz. Day dream much?"

He commented on my clumsiness.

"I.. I um..," I stuttered. "Will you pass me a towel?"

As I cleaned up the mess, I notice him watching me.

"So, did you have a purpose for intruding on me today?" I asked, sounding a little more serious than I meant to.

"Ehh, not really. I lied about needing to talk to you," he smirked. "Just kinda wanted to hang out. Ya know?"

"Yea, I gotcha," I replied, totally satisfied with my answer. Now was a good time to bring up Quinn.

"What about Qu-"

"Wait!" He exclaimed.

"What?"

"I have a really good idea,". He said walking over to the piano. He has always adored my piano. I've always adore him playing it. "Come here, Liz!"

I strolled over to the piano and sat on the edge of the fireplace.

Without saying a word, he started playing. It wasn't what he usually plays for me, this was a little more modern.

He started to play "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain. The rhythms flowed perfectly from him, and the familiar ballad almost brought years to my eyes. It describes how I feel for him, perfectly.

When we was playing, I felt like if I didn't kiss him, I would regret it for the rest of my life.

As soon as the last note left his finger, I walked over, sat on the bench, and turned my head towards him. He mimicked me. I looked him in the eyes, leaned in and kissed him. He put his hand on my face, and our lips reunited. He's fingers stroked my back, and I found my self breathing deeply. Oh, how I'd missed this. I pulled, away to make sure it wasn't all a dream. And it wasn't. His eyes looks back at me, and then he smiled that perfect smile and began to kiss me again. I could feel a sensation, that I only feel with him. Two pairs of llips couldn't fit together more perfectly than ours.

Brinnggg. Briingggg

"Hold on, like 2 seconds," he said holding his finger up and answering the phone.

"Hey," he said to the mystery caller.

"I'm hanging out with Liz," .... "Yea,".... "Why?".... "I don't see the problem, Quinn"

Quinn? Problem? This isn't leading somewhere I'd like for it to.

"Quinn, she's JUST a friend,"

Those words..

I got up and walked my self calmly to my room, closed the door, and began to sob.

Gage P. Churchill is the most complex human being in the world.