Fireworks

Dr. Desmond stands in a dark room when multiple screens surround him. Each screen was blue with a white out line of a figure.

"Dr. Desmond, you require and audience with the Light?" One of the figures on one of the screen asked.

Desmond apologized for disturbing 'the Light' at the late hour when one of the members cut him off and tell him to tell them his report.

Dr. Desmond tells the Light about the fire at Cadmus and how it attracted the sidekick Robin, Kid Flash, and Aqualad. How the boys tried to release the Super boy and Batgirl, but that the clones were still under the Lights control. And the sidekicks are contained.

One of the members of the Light tell Desmond to clone them, and their clones will serve the Light. The members told Desmond to dispose of the original Robin, Kid Flash, and Aqualad.

*************

The three young vigilantes were hanging unconscious in their pods when they heard a voice that told them to wake up.

The three gasp as they open their eyes, to be met with both Superboy and Batgirl staring at them.

"What-what do you want!?" Kid Flash exclaimed. "Quit staring at me it's freaking me out. Except you , Babe. You can stare all you want."

"Dude!" Robin said. "That's my sister!...and how about you don't tick off the boy who could fry you with a look?"

"We only sought to help you both," Aqualad told Superboy and Batgirl.

"How's that for grat-"

"Kid, please, be quiet." Aqualad cut off Kid Flash. "I believe our new friends were not in control of their actions."

"Wha-what if-" Superboy got cut off by Batgirl.

"What if we weren't?"

"Woah," Kid Flash said. "They can talk?"

"Yes, they can." Batgirl growled, looking at Kid Flash.

Robin and Aqualad looked pointedly at Kid Flash.

"What? Its not like I called them both, it?"

"The genomorphs taught you telepathically." Aqualad stated.

"They taught us much," Superboy said. "We can read, write. W-we know the names of things."

"But have either of you seen them?" Robin questioned the clones. "The sky, the sun?"

"Images are implanted in our minds, but no. We have never left the pods." Batgirl told the three.

"Do you know what you two are, who you are?" Aqualad asked them.

"I am the Superboy, a genomorph, a clone made from the DNA of the superman, created to replace him should he perish..to destroy him should he turn from the Light."

"I am the Batgirl, a genomorph, a clone made from the DNA of the batman, created to replace him should he perish..to destroy him should he turn from the Light."

Robin, Kid Flash and Aqualad looked at each other before Aqualad told the two that being like their originals is a worthy aspiration, and like them the two should also have the freedom to live their lives. Beyond the pods. Beyond Cadmus.

"We live because of Cadmus!" Superboy yelled.

"It is our home!" Batgirl agreed.

"Your homes are test tubes. We can show you the sun," Robin claimed.

"Uh, pretty sure it's after midnight." Kid Flash said, "But we can show you the moon."

Aqualad looked at the two before telling them, "We can show you, introduce you to Superman and Batman."