Chapter 7

[To clear up any confusion, the person who helps her get ready for whatever it may be has changed to Shay. It used to be Lexi! That was just something for you to know! And, enjoy the chapter! Jazzy]
I'm slowly starting to recover from the breakup I had with Calum but let's be real here. Me, Lex and Shay were boss out there.

I slide on my Bose headphones and bob my head up and down to the sound of the music. Today, I was currently waiting for Ashton to appear at the front door. He was feeling a lot better and said we could hang out at mine for today. I visited him once when he was sick and the topic of Calum totally slipped off my tongue. I couldn't help but admire the soft brown locks and his hazel eyes that I could easily fall into. That adorable bandana that he wears too much for his own good. Ash thinks he's so cool and punk rock wearing it. Yet, inside he's just a kitten. An adorable, fluffy kitten. I know he may seem like a rebound but, I think Lexi was right on her first day of school. Maybe I do have a crush on the school's nerd.

+

Shay - So, any plans today?

I see on my lock screen when I turn my phone on. I open the text up and reply.

Sky - Yeah. Sorry. Ash is coming over today.

I message back and she starts typing again.

Shay - OMG! OMG! I'm coming over right now. We need to get you ready.

I laugh at the sight, thinking that she was just kidding but turns out she was being serious because Shaylin popped up in my front porch.

"Shay. I thought you were just joking." I say in surprise. "I'm never joking when it comes to getting ready." She tells me, letting herself into the house. She flies all the way up the stairs, I think to go inside my room to help me get ready. I laugh before running to catch up with her.

Once I actually got to my room, I see Shaylin throwing clothes out of my closet to try and, I guess, 'find an outfit' muttering random words to herself like. "No." or "That's so cute." And other random things like that. About two moments later, she shoved me some random outfit and demanded me to go and put it on. So I shuffled quickly to the bathroom to change into the outfit.

"Oh my god. Shay, you are literally a miracle worker." I express, looking at myself in the mirror. It was a simple white skater skirt with a black mayday parade shirt and some white converse. She smiled for a brief second before pushing me to my vanity.

I let her hands fly around my hair and my face. Well, she barely touched my face and when it came to my hair she literally just brushed it so that it was soft and smooth but still wavy like it naturally is. "Do you have your contacts in?" She questions and I nod. "Take them out and put on your glasses." She orders and I do as I am told.

In the end, I might've probably killed her because I hugged her a little bit too tightly.

I thank Shay like a million times and she says "you're welcome!" A million times too before we had to say goodbye.

+

Boredom seems to be taking over my life so I ended up dancing around with my headphones on, playing with my electric guitar that wasn't plugged in or anything so I looked like an idiot bouncing around the living room, with an electric guitar that was barely making any noise and singing at the top of her lungs. Yep. I was that idiot.

"Coming!" I yell as I speed walk over to the door. I open it and I see Ashton standing there grinning like mad. "What's up with Mr. Smiley?" I ask him. "You are a really good singer." He gushes and my eyes widen. "You weren't meant to hear that." I mumble. "Well, I did. I didn't know you wore glasses." He says, noticing my glasses and adjusting his own. "There is a lot you don't know about me Ash." I tell him. "Now move peasant, let me see your house."

"Woah, this room is so cool." He admires when he enters my studio. Wait, he's in my studio! I jump up and run all the way there, hoping that he hasn't gone through all my files which thankfully, he hasn't.

"You play all these instruments?" He asks me, shocked. "Yeah. I have a lot of free time when my parents aren't around so I asked them if I could have classes for all these instruments and they said yes." He counts all the instruments in the room.

"Guitar, Bass, Drums and Piano. Four instruments?! That is amazing." He exclaims. Sitting down behind the drum kit. "I play four instruments." I say. He twirls the stick and plays a small beat. "I didn't know you played drums." I tell him, impressed from what I just saw. "There's a lot you don't know about me." He says, stealing my line.

I took one of my electric guitars that was already plugged in and joined him, playing some random chords.

"We should make a band or something." He says after our little jamming session. "I'm going to go and get a drink, do you want anything?" I ask him, putting the electric guitar on it's stand. "Just some water."

I get a bottle of water and a bottle of ice lemon tea before heading back to my little studio. "Hey, Sky. What's all of these pieces of sheet music and lyrics." Ash asks, looking through.... my files.

"It's nothing Ash. Really." I rush, attempting to take the papers out of his hands but he was too strong and I didn't want my hard work to go to waste. "Answer the question Sky." He threatens. "They're pieces of music I wrote." I say, shyly. "Don't be shy about it. They're really good." He compliments and I smile. "Thanks."

"Aw. Sky! Please!" He begs and I give up."Fine, which one." He instantly picked one up and I sigh at the sight. Then, I grab my acoustic and sit down on the floor so I could actually play the guitar. Ashton sits in front of me with his hands on his chin so he looks like he is super interested in it. I laugh a bit at his behavior before playing.

Tonight we're fading fast

I just wanna make this last

If I could say the things that I wanna say

I'd find a way to make you stay

I'd never let you get away

Catch you in all the games we've played

I finish but Ash looks unsatisfied. "Don't just stop there. Keep going." He pushes. I just sigh and continue singing.

In the end the two of us were just goofing off with all of the instruments in the room and Ash starts arguing that I should've learnt to play the saxophone as well. "Well Irwin, why do I need to know how to play the saxophone?" I ask him, playing a random riff on the bass. "Because it's awesome." He says simply, continuing to play around with the piano.

I just thought that it would be just me and Ash but then I hear the door bell ring. "Did you order pizza?" I ask him and he innocently shakes his head, signalling no. "Who's at the door then?" I get up and go to open the door. There stood one of Taylor's little minions Samantha Waffles. Ash comes and joins me shortly, grinning when he sees Waffles and he takes his place next to her. Both of them, holding hands and smiling at me. "Hi Sky. This is my girlfriend Samantha."

When I see the two together, my heart shattered into a million pieces. I've never ever seen that look on either of their faces ever before. Even when Ash is staring at his old crush. Yet, I knew it so well. It's not a face of disgust. Or a face of happiness but the face of love. And that is when I knew that I had absolutely no chance what so ever with Ash.

[Edited]