[I]

Sonic catering. Interesting job, actually. Too bad I didn't get to be one of the actors. I work as the cameraman here.

Jan Stevens is the head of this institute. She hired me. She also seems to be an interesting woman, but I'm not too sure about her. Something seems off about this place and these people overall. Weird. And I'm gonna have to film it all.

Good luck, Abigail.

Thankfully, I'm getting my own room. It's not big, but at least I have a bed. And a desk.

Stevens walked in. She didn't even knock, rude.

- Hi, is everything okay? - she asked. I nodded in response, but that clearly wasn't enough.

- Yes or no? - she raised her voice a bit.

- Yes.

Gosh, why such attitude?

- Ms. Lorenzo, we'll have to discuss a few things about your new job. Let's go to my office.

Her face seemed disgusted for some reason. She's acting as if I asked her to come here. Or better, as if the room doesn't actually belong to her. I knew there was something I didn't like about her.

But I followed instead of complaining. It's my first day. And there's much more to come.

After a few minutes of silence, we eventually reached her office. She showed me to come first, so I did and thanked her. I don't want to make an enemy, no matter how much she's already on my nerves.

- Sit down.

I sat down into the armchair, in front of her and the desk.

- Your contract ends on 2024, January. Then we will decide, if we'll continue it. You will have to prove your worth first. Tomorrow we'll have a show. You joined just in time. Get your camera ready before 6 p.m.

- Yes, ma'am. - I answered calmly. - Is that all?

- Yes.

- We had to come to your office just for that? You could've told that anywhere pretty quickl-

- Silence! - she raised her voice.

- Sorry. - I sighed.

It's not the best time for us to fight. She was looking down on me, absolutely furious. We didn't say anything to each other anymore, but I was still sitting in the office, waiting for her.

- Can I go? - I finally asked.

- Well, what are you waiting for?

- I thought you wanted to say something more than that.

- I didn't. You should've got the signal to leave.

- You should've just told me to leave.

She sighed before answering:

- Get out.

That was surprisingly calm. But I got up from the armchair and left.