[X]

Everyone's now here. I started recording the show, from the same place as before. Again, Jan was sitting next to me.

The lights turned red and it all started. I'm very curious to see, what they decided to do with the food.

I noticed, that it all sounded familiar. The sounds were playing simultaneously, one slower than the other.

The flanger. They got it.

I think Jan noticed it at the same time I did.

Her expression instantly became confused. She got up from the chair, pointed at the camera as in "continue filming, I'll be back" and left.

Where could've she possibly kept the flanger, if it was easy enough for Elle to get?

It still means, that Elle's plan worked out. Shit. You really can't outsmart her.

*****************

Jan gave me a piece of paper with text again.

She stole it.

Where did you keep it?

In a covered cage, in my bedroom.

No wonder they found it.

I'm sorry, Abigail.

I had the note in my hands. I was looking at the same three words.

Okay, get back to reality again. I focused on my job. For the first time in my life. I believe they decided that it's their last performance.

My contract is until 2024. I'm thinking, that I should also leave at the same time, together with the current people.

But Jan. Only if I hadn't caught feelings for her, this wouldn't be such a hard decision.

*****************

- It means, Elle's plan worked out anyways. Even if we tried to troll her with our fake dating. You still managed to forget about the flanger, even though it was the point not to! - I complained. I was walking back and forth through the room. - I don't know why I'm so mad.

- Abigail, calm down.

- How did you forget about it?

- I got distracted by you. - she confessed and sighed. Her expression was kind of sad. - This whole fake dating thing felt real, and I liked every moment of it. So, I forgot about the flanger. Elle was right. If we dated, I'd get distracted by you. Even if it was fake.

- Oh...

It was all I could let out. The realization.

- I'm sorry I disappointed you.

- No need to apologize. It's still over now.

I walked up to her and took her hand. Should I finally just tell her? That's it. That's the time.

- I love you, Jan.

A smile spread wide across her face. She came closer to me and closed the gap between us. It was so warm and comforting, because it was her.

I don't want to think about how we were like at first anymore. I love her. I love Jan the way she is now.

After a hot second she pulled away and smiled. Her cheeks were a bit red.

- I love you too, darling.