[V]

The nearest first aid box was in the backstage. That's where we both went.

Jan was pressing her wound with her other hand. I believe the cut wasn't small.

When we entered this quite small room, I went towards the box instantly. I took it out and came back to Jan.

She was sitting in the armchair. I put a chair next to it.

- Give me your arm. - I told her. She gave it to me. Shit, that looks really bad.

I took a bandage out of the box. That's the best thing we can do now. Despite the fact that I'm bleeding out of my stomach and probably gonna pass out soon, I'll try my best.

I first cleaned some blood off her skin with a tissue, then wrapped the bandage around tightly.

- That hurts... - she whined.

- Of course it hurts, what do you expect?

I was breathing heavily. The pain in my stomach is getting more and more intense. She better help me with it, or I'll kill her with my bare hands instead.

- Sit here. - she stood up and pointed at the armchair with her other hand. We switched places.

I lifted up my shirt to reveal the cut. It wasn't as bad as hers, but it still hurts.

She kneeled in front of me. She took a clean tissue and also cleansed my wound. It started literally burning.

- A wet wipe? It contains alcohol, and it's burning! - I whimpered.

- Don't move. - she said and pressed me down a bit. Then she took out a big plaster and put it on my cut. - Here.

She stood up and then sat down next to me, on the armrest. I waited for the pain to weaken.

- Thank you. - I finally let out.

- I thought you already forgot about it. - she chuckled. That's my first time hearing her laugh. Well, it's only my third day. But a lot has happened already.

After a hot minute, Jan broke the silence between us.

- I know them. The masked guys.

- What? Why did they come here?

- I rejected them. They were some candidates. And since then, it's like they're haunting me with phone calls. To be honest, I expected them to come for me. They came here to kill me.

- That's a stupid reason to kill you. Personally, the reason I'd kill you would be your attitude. - I admitted, then started laughing. She was clearly annoyed. - But don't worry, I wouldn't after all.

- Not anymore, huh?

- Not anymore.

I remembered everything that just happened today again.

- Jan, why did you save me? - I asked teasingly.

- What's up with your tone?

- Oh no, nothing. - I turned away to hide my laugh. It's so fun teasing her, now that she's not that mad. She groaned before finally answering:

- I wouldn't let anyone die in front of me. Especially because of me.

- Ooh, is that all? You could've protected anyone else, maybe Billy or Lamina... - I continued teasing her.

- You were the one zoned out and next to me.

I thought for a few seconds.

- Fair point.

She sighed, but later a smile appeared on her face.

- But you finally fixed your attitude. All because of this. - I spoke again.

- How do you always find something to harass me about?

- I'm not harassing you, I'm only making points. You've gone a bit soft.

- Stop, - she groaned, but it was obvious that she secretly enjoys talking to me. And I do too, since she's not being aggressive with me now. Yesterday we had a fight, and today we are finally talking like two normal people. Nice.