17

Seungmin burst into laughter, startling Hyunjin and irritating him at the same time. Annoyed, Hyunjin swiftly attempted to silence him by placing his hand over Seungmin's mouth.

"Quiet down! I don't want them to hear you," Hyunjin whispered aggressively.

Seungmin removed Hyunjin's hand from his mouth and grinned at him.

"You mean you don't want Felix to hear me, right?"

A deep blush spread across Hyunjin's cheeks, extending all the way to the tips of his ears. "Cut it out, Seungmin!"

"You made a mistake by confiding in me, Hwang," Seungmin said, flashing a mischievous smile. "Because I will never shut up about it."

"I swear to God, if you breathe a word to anyone," Hyunjin glared at him. "I'll make you regret it."

"I don't know how much longer I can keep your undying love for Felix a secret!" Seungmin pretended to cry, glancing up at Hyunjin to gauge his reaction.

"Lower your voice!" Hyunjin hushed him once more. "He's right next door!"

Seungmin suppressed his laughter, but his mischievous grin remained. He leaned in closer to Hyunjin, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Oh, imagine the look on Felix's face when he finds out," Seungmin teased, relishing in the discomfort he was causing Hyunjin.

Hyunjin's face turned an even deeper shade of red, a mix of embarrassment and frustration evident in his expression. He shot Seungmin a warning glare.

"You're enjoying this way too much, Seungmin," Hyunjin muttered through gritted teeth.

Seungmin's smirk widened as he reveled in Hyunjin's reaction. "What can I say? It's too good of a secret to keep to myself."

Hyunjin's eyes narrowed, and his voice grew more menacing. "If you dare breathe a word about this to anyone, I swear I'll-"

Seungmin interrupted him, feigning innocence. "Who, me? I'm just an innocent bystander caught in the crossfire of unrequited love."

Hyunjin's face grew even redder as he glanced nervously towards the door. He didn't want Felix to hear any of this. Taking a deep breath, he composed himself and leaned in closer to Seungmin.

"Look, it's complicated, okay? I don't need you teasing me about it."

Seungmin's mischievous expression softened, and he placed a hand on Hyunjin's shoulder.

"I get it, Hyunjin. Feelings can be complicated, especially when they involve a close friend. But you don't have to face it alone. If you ever want to talk, I'm here for you."

Hyunjin sighed, his annoyance turning into a mixture of gratitude and vulnerability.

"Thanks, Seungmin. I appreciate that. It's just... I'm still figuring things out, and I'm not ready for anyone else to know."