12

Chan had devoted all his free time to writing new lyrics, pouring his heart and soul into the task. Whether it was during meal breaks, training pauses, or late hours, he tirelessly worked on his masterpiece. He had decided to title the song "Voices."

Eager to share his creation, Chan hastily left his bed and hurried to Felix's room. He wanted Felix to be the first to see his lyrics, secretly yearning for his praise and approval.

With excitement, he knocked on Felix's door, silently urging himself to remain calm. To his surprise, when the door swung open, it wasn't Felix's enchanting eyes that met his gaze but rather Hyunjin's.

Both of them were momentarily taken aback by each other's presence.

"Chan hyung?" Hyunjin questioned, raising an eyebrow. "Is there something you need?"

"Where's... Felix?" Chan asked, suppressing the urge to peek inside the room.

"He's in the bathroom," Hyunjin replied. "He'll be out soon. Would you like to come in and wait?"

"No, no, it's fine," Chan said awkwardly. "I'll just come back later, I guess."

"Alright," Hyunjin smiled. "I'll inform Lixie."

Lixie? Had they already reached a nickname basis? Chan felt a pang of unease in his chest, but he chose to dismiss it.

"Thanks," Chan returned the smile somewhat forcedly and began walking back to his room. He glanced back after taking a few steps, but Hyunjin had already closed the door.

Chan's footsteps echoed through the empty hallway as he made his way back to his room. Each step felt heavy, his heart sinking with every passing moment. The encounter with Hyunjin had left him feeling not only uneasy but also filled with a sense of longing and confusion.

As he entered his room and closed the door behind him, Chan slumped onto his bed, his mind still preoccupied with thoughts of Felix. He wondered if Felix had heard about his visit or if Hyunjin had just not mentioned anything. The uncertainty was eating away at him.

Trying to regain his confidence, Chan decided to distract himself by picking up his guitar. Strumming the familiar chords, he let the music fill the room, momentarily transporting him away from his worries. The melodies and harmonies intertwined, creating a soothing rhythm that echoed his own inner turmoil.

All of a sudden, there was a soft knock on his door. Chan's heart skipped a beat, and he quickly composed himself before getting up to answer it.

To his surprise, it was Felix standing there, a curious expression on his face. "Hey, hyung. Hyunjin told me you were looking for me earlier. Is everything okay?" Felix asked, concern lacing his words.

Relief washed over Chan, glad that Felix had come to him. "Yeah, everything's fine. I just wanted to show you something," Chan replied, gesturing for Felix to come inside.

Felix stepped into the room, his eyes scanning the space before settling on Chan. "What did you want to show me?" he asked, a hint of curiosity in his voice.