#July 2020

Now that I think about it, it makes me nostalgic. Five years after we joined Toman, the gang became the biggest gang in Japan and was disbanded. Souya and I graduated and our parents got out of prison around the same time.
After graduation, Souya and I opened a ramen restaurant in Meguro, "The Twin Devils", and we've had a lot of success. When I look at the pictures of the Toman era on the walls of the restaurant, it makes me a little nostalgic.

- Hey Nahoya! Two pork ramen for table 8!

- Okay!

- Sorry sir, that table's already reserved.

- "It is?" Says a middle-aged man.

- Yes, some friends are coming to eat today.

The door opened wide to reveal a group of noisy people, pretty remarkable.

- "Well, there you are. One more minute and I'd cancel your reservation." Says Souya. "Brother, I'll be right back, I'm going to the back to get some ingredients"

The famous group sat noisily waiting for their order. There were Mikey, Draken, Takemichi, Baji, Chifuyu, Kazutora, Mitsuya, Hakkai, Pachin and Peyan.

- Why don't you shut the hell up, you're disturbing important customers! So, what do you want?

- "I want soy ramen." Says Takemichi.

- "I'll have the same." Draken added.

- "I don't want ramen, I want dorayaki! Ramen's slimy and slips oddly in your mouth. And yours are even worse." Pouted Mikey

- Alright, no ramen for you, Mikey.

- But I'm starving!

- Well, since you're criticizing my cooking, you're not getting anything.

- I'm sorry... I'll have the same as Takemitchy and Kenchin then!

- Alright, three soy ramen for the boss, Draken and Takemicry.

- Stop calling him like that, that's mean! His name's Takemitchy!

- Actually, Mikey... Never mind..

Mikey became a motorcycle racer, Draken is his mechanic and married his sister Emma, and Takemichi married Hina.

- "I'll have some Peyoung Yakisoba, then." Says Baji.

- Are you stupid or you're doing this on purpose? This is a ramen restaurant, not a noodle place!

- Ramen and noodles are the same thing, or at least close.

- "Give up Baji, you don't know anything about cooking." Kazutora scoffed.

- You can make Peyoung for me, can't you?

- I said ramen or nothing!

- I'll have some pork ramen then.

- "I'll have the same as Baji-san too." Says Chifuyu.

- "I'll have miso ramen." Added Kazutora.

- So two pork ramen for the illiterate and Chifuyu, and one miso ramen for banana tree.

- What do you mean by illiterate? And why does Chifuyu get a normal name and I don't?

- Because he's normal and you're not.

- HUH?!

- Don't get upset, Baji-san, he doesn't mean it.

- But nah, it's not like you've been dyslexic for half your life and you're still struggling to finish your studies at 30. "Kazutora sneered" And Smiley, why do you keep calling me banana tree? I don't e even have that haircut anymore.

- Old habits die hard.

- "Veterinary studies aren't easy, okay? What do you think?" mumbled Baji.

- "But that's true that you're not very smart either, Baji-san." Chifuyu joked.

- You too, Chifuyu? You traitor!

Chifuyu's opened a pet shop and Baji and Kazutora are working for him, even though Baji hasn't finished veterinary studies yet.

- "I'll have some Tsukemen then." says Mitsuya.

- "I'll have the same as Taka-chan!" added Hakkai.

- Two Tsukemen ramen, got it!

Mitsuya has become a stylist and Hakkai a top model. (What a surprise~)

- And what can I get you, bozos?

- "Pachin and I are too stupid to understand your stupid menu, so we'll have the simplest: beef ramen." said Peyan, while Pachin nodded energetically.

- Two beef ramen for the bozos. And we're off!

Pachin became a real estate agent, got rich and married. Peyan got married too, and is still Pachin's partner.

- I'm back! I've got the ingredients, you can start cooking, Nahoya.

They're all eating in good spirits, which is a pleasure to see. They bother the customers but occasionally, it doesn't hurt much, and besides, they're regulars, they're nice. And that's how it goes. Once a month, the group gathers at the restaurant for lunch, remembering the past, and laughing till late at the night.

It's a pretty pleasant routine, I think. My parents often come to eat at the restaurant too. Even though they're now in their fifties, they're still in their prime.

Souya and I just enjoy life and our daily routine. But we're not the least bit bored!