Midnight Vibrations

"No!" I shrieked. "That isn't what happened at all! Why would you make such assumptions about me? You don't even know my birthday, or my favorite color or food! You know nothing about my hobbies or friends or moral compass."
      He looked at me with a mean glint in his eyes. It was as though he got a satisfaction from hurting me.
"Moral compass? If this is your moral compass, it's no wonder you're lost."
Tears welled up in my eyes, but I did my best to hide them, for this would be a weakness in his eyes.
      "I was trying to save the dimensions! Your perception was warped, don't you get it? This dimension twists the realities it shows you- sometimes spreading complete lies!"
He put a hand up in my face.
"I want nothing to do with you, Soola.
       "I'm going back. You can either come with me or die on your own here. If you come back, I'll move schools so we don't ever see each other again. Either way this is your last day to spend time with me. You and I are over."

Just like that, we were in fact, over. He broke up with me. I thought it would hurt worse, but I felt relieved. Maybe it was because our love had already faded, or maybe because it wasn't even love to begin with, but for whatever reason, I felt more confident alone despite what I have been told my whole life about the wonderful benefits of being in a relationship.
"Go, then," I said coldly.
"I'd rather die by myself if I die happy."
He nodded, glaring at me, and left without saying a word.

————————————————————————
A few days ago....

"But can the wishes go haywire?" I asked my mentor earnestly.
"You can only control your end," she warned. "Just because you know how to wish for something specific doesn't mean he knows. Also, sometimes the wishes can still be dishonest. You must be very careful, for your sake and his."
      "So how do I protect him?"
"You don't. This is going to be a hit or miss. Good luck. Take the manual with you."
————————————————————————
     Watching him leave really proved Mrs. Sobre to be right. I knew she was right, and I had an awful feeling about bringing him, but I hated being right. Perhaps this was for the better, though. Although it seemed something like a curse, now I am starting to think it was a blessing in disguise.
The more I observe his behaviors, the more I double down on that opinion.