Chapter 5 : Lurking Shadow

Micasa is racing against the clock to solve the case before the truth is buried forever.She needs to confront the mastermind behind the murder and with this thought she decided to visit the crime spot again but this time all alone without Sam because she don't want to drag him in any kind of danger.

Next day, early morning she left for her house. After reaching there, she started looking for David's photographs.But her mother has already destroyed all his pictures.Now only way by which she could know David's appearance is by asking the neighbors.

Wheelchair bound girl first hesitated because the neighbors were always been unempathatic towards her but soon she accumulated the courage to ask them the questions about David.

She knocked the door.One man opened it.

Micasa- Sir, If you could.......

((Thud sound of door on her face))

Micasa -  I think he needs help instead.

She witnessed same behavior from all her neighbors.

With the feelings of exclusion, disappointment, and a sense of being unwelcomed, Micasa was returning to her Rehab center.
As the sun sank lower on the horizon, the world seemed to hold its breath in anticipation.

A dimly lit alleyway in the heart of the city.

Micasa was moving slowly on her wheelchair, unaware of the lurking danger. Suddenly, a menacing figure emerges from the shadows, the villain of our story.

Villain: (Whispering) "You thought you could escape me, dear Micasa. But there is nowhere to hide especially with this chair"

Micasa's instincts kick in as she senses the presence behind her. With lightning-fast reflexes, she spins the wheel of her wheelchair around, narrowly dodging a powerful strike aimed at her back.

The villain, a master of deception and stealth, wears a malevolent smile.

Micasa- (scared yet determined) "You won't catch me off guard that easily."

The villain lunges at Micasa from the darkness, launching a flurry of punches and kicks.

Despite her physical limitations, Micasa employs her wheelchair as an asset rather than a hindrance. She uses it to gain momentum, propelling herself forward and executing agile spins that leave her opponent disoriented.

But the villain, not one to be underestimated, swiftly recovers, launching a surprise attack with a concealed blade.The blade grazes her arm, leaving a shallow cut.

Soon the siren sound fall into their ears.

Micasa: ( Grimacing in pain)"It ends here."

Fuelled by a surge of adrenaline, Micasa channels her determination into every move. She lands a devastating strike with her wheelchair, targeting attacker's vulnerable area, sending the villain crashing into a stack of crates. Somehow he managed to disguise himself in the darkness.

Police cab arrived at the spot.

"I hope you are fine, Miss Micasa. I am detective Emma, new investigator of your case ." said detective Emma, seasoned investigator known for her sharp instincts.

Micasa:( heavily breathing) Yes, I am fine.

Sam who was worried and reported the center and police about Micasa's missing , stepped out from police cab and hugged Micasa. On his first glance, he noticed the cut on Micasa's arm and panicked.

With his sign language, he was asking for first aid.

Detective Emma: So you are not fine!!

Micasa smiled.