Chapter 8

THANKS FOR THE READS! Here's the chapter you've all been waiting for! ♥

Okay, so this is basically just talking about what happened in the house and stuff...it tells you a bit more about Christmas and stuff. Yeah, well, Chapter 9 is probably coming out like tonight or tomorrow morning. I really don't believe I'm a good writer, but I hope you enjoy! (:

It's not going to be lovey-dovey for the next few chapters, just giving you a heads up.

One chapter is going to be more about Kina's past because people asked me to talk more about it...so yeah.

Tell me in the comment section below if I've improved my writing! Please? :D

Chapter 8

The feeling of being alone

The welcoming warm sunlight shined over my cold skin. I opened my eyes and rubbed them. I fell asleep in this cold, lonely house. Christmas was sleeping right beside my head, and he smelled pretty bad. 

I scratched his chin, and he begins purring. 

"I wonder why your name is Christmas...Poor little guy, where's your family?" I say to him. 

He only looks up at me with his large confused yellow eyes. His pupils dialate because of the bright sun. To be honest, I find cats very interesting. Their pupils are tiny in bright light, and are a big huge black circle in the dark.

I really miss Niall...

I quickly erase the thought and I begin searching through the house. I look through drawers, and they're empty. 

"There's nothing useful in here.."

However, I did find one drawer with a note inside.

I read aloud,

"Hello, if you find this note, we are already gone. My name is Kaleb. My father left us 10 years ago. My mother died of cancer. My sister committed suicide due to bullying. My grandpa and grandma died of old age...Now, all that's left is me. You see, Christmas is our cat...he's a orange tabby with yellow eyes. The thing is, he's never really been attached to me, and he doesn't really like me. Christmas...i know it's an odd name but my sister gave it to him. We found him in a box as a kitten, and on Christmas eve too...but...he's been missing for months now...and I can't stand this damned house anymore.

It reminds me of all the painful memories that were made here. I am prepared to move out, and I will leave this house behind. For weeks and weeks, I've been trying to find that cat, but I never did. I wish I had, my sister would have wanted him back no matter what. But, he would have never left if Kayla (My sister) were still here...Why do people have to hurt one another? Look what effect it had on my sister. Christmas has always had a phobia of men, even though he is one himself. 

I know after I leave, Christmas will come back if he survived. I'm sure he did, because there's an old lady who lives in the forest, and she really likes Christmas. I've seen the lady before, she's quite frightening. A hunch back... She talks in one of those really creepy voices, you know? Like in the Wizard of Oz, the witch's voice, but calmer. She calls him Toby. To be honest, I like that name more than Christmas, so I called him 'Toby' a lot.

He seems to recognize it, so I guess it's kind of like his second name. Anyways, this old lady fed him a lot. No wonder he didn't eat much at home. We took him to the vet because of how worried we were, but he said that Christmas was fine and that he had a healthy weight. I know that the old lady will continue to take care of Christmas or  'Toby'. Oh! Well, My friends are here, I'm afraid this will soon be the end of my note. I know he will be back. Please take care of Christmas. Thank you.