TWENTY

(CHAPTER 20 - THE NEW NEVERLAND)

🦢🗡

Flashback

Somewhere in the forest, Prince Charming hacked away at branches as he and Snow White ventured towards Medusa's cave, "You aren't mad, are you?" She asked.

"I fell in love with you on a Troll Bridge after you robbed me and hit me over the head with a rock. I knew what I was getting myself into," Prince Charming said and she smiled as he continued to cut away the branches.

"According to the legend, Medusa's cave shouldn't be much farther," Snow White said.

"Huh. If Medusa could turn her victims into stone, is there any way to lift the curse; turn them back into flesh and blood?" Prince Charming questioned.

"The only way to free Medusa's victims is to kill Medusa," Snow White said.

"And no one's figured out how to do that," Prince Charming said.

"She's immortal," Snow White said.

"So, cutting off her head won't..." Prince Charming said.

"Well, it won't kill her. It'll just make it easier to turn Regina into stone," Snow White said.

"Snow, are you sure you want to condemn Regina to a fate like that?" Prince Charming asked.

"So, you're on her side now?" Snow White questioned.

"No, I'm on your side. You know that," Prince Charming said.

"It doesn't sound like it," Snow White said.

Prince Charming stopped and turned to her, "It's just when we imprisoned Regina, you stopped her execution. You said killing her wasn't the answer, so how is turning her into stone any different?" He said.

"Last time she threatened us, this time she threatened the entire kingdom," Snow White said and walked ahead of him.

Prince Charming turned to her, "We've protected the kingdom from her before without Gorgon's head," Snow White remained silent, "There's something else, isn't there?" he followed after her, "Snow, why can't you put Regina out of your mind for one single moment?" Prince Charming asked.

Snow White finally stopped and turned to him, "I don't know! Because I can't," she sighed and turned to look at the entrance of Medusa's cave, "So, you coming?" She asked.

"What, and miss all the honeymoon fun?" Prince Charming questioned, sarcastically.

"Well, come on," Snow White said and entered the cave with Prince Charming begrudgingly following behind.

End of Flashback

The next day, David, Emma and Mary Margaret were sat in the diner having lunch, when Athena and Maverick approached them, "Hey, Uncle Dave," The young boy said with a smile.