THIRTY NINE

(CHAPTER 39 - KANSAS)

🦢🗡

David sped through the streets of Storybrooke, headed for the hospital as Mary Margaret screamed in pain from the passenger seat, while Elias drove himself, Henry and Emma in the yellow bug behind them. Pulling up in front of the hospital, David got out and waved down a few nurses, "Hey!" He shouted, "Over here!"

The twins and Henry got out of the car and ran over as Mary Margaret was helped into a wheelchair. Still screaming in pain, she was wheeled into the hospital, "Okay, okay," She said in hope of remaining calm.

"Alright," David said, calmly as he took hold of his wife's hand, ignoring the squeezing that came along with it, "Breath."

The twins watched as the nurses wheeled their mother off into a room, and helped their father prepare himself to join her in the room, "I don't miss that," They heard from behind them and turned to see Athena rushing in, "Minus the hospital...and nurses. I didn't have that luxury."

"How'd you get here so fast?" Elias asked.

"How do you think?" Athena questioned.

Emma leaned over, looking behind their aunt and saw Nadia rushing in, "Did you use magic?" She asked

"Nah," Nadia answered, "I just drive really fast."

----------<3----------

Meanwhile, Rumplestiltskin was sat in the cage inside the farmhouse's storm cellar, spinning straw into gold as Zelena observed him, "There, that'll do," She said and he stopped what he was doing, "You said it yourself, spinning clears your mind," taking the strands of gold, she used her magic to transform it into a golden brain and opened a basket, placing it inside where the hilt of David's sword, Elias' gun and Regina's heart already were, "There's just one more ingredient to collect."

Flashback - Land of Oz

Zelena stared at the floor, watching Rumplestiltskin teach Regina magic, but noticed her failing, "Really? It's not that difficult," She formed a fireball in her hand, when a flying monkey let out a screech, "Quiet. I can't concentrate with all that screeching."

"It's probably me," A voice said from behind her, making her turn and see a blonde woman entering the room, "He was never much of a fan."

"Who are you?" Zelena asked.

"Glinda, the Good Witch of the South," Zelena formed another fireball in her hand, "You can relax," Glinda said, "I'm not here to fight you. I'm here to thank you. For showing Oz the true nature of the Wizard and standing up to him."

"And you're glad that I turned him into a monkey?" Zelena questioned, extinguishing her fireball.

"A little time as your pet will do him good. He was a trickster, offering people hope he could never deliver. You're quite powerful, Zelena," Glinda told her.

"We know that," A voice said and Glinda turned to see her sister entering the room.

"El," Glinda said with a hint of shock, "How did you get back into Oz?"

"I have my ways," Elphaba answered, "What are you doing here?"

"I think you know," Glinda said and turned back to Zelena, "You're wasting it on these foolish pursuits."