Dominique's Plan: In Action

-Hugo-

"They're here!" Lily exclaimed as the five people who weren't family arrived.

Soon Louis had run over to meet up with Molly, Dominique, Fred, Roxy, and Lucy about staff stuff.

Then the moment I'd been dreading. Dominique called out the partners and everyone was sent to a different square of sand outlined in stones. 

"You all have a few minutes before we get started," Dominique said. Then she and Molly walked off to go whisper about something.

-Dominique-

Looking around Molly and I made observations about what everyone was doing. Teddy and Vic were talking. Rose had brought a book, and she and Frank were looking over it.

"Surprise surprise, Rose brought a book," Molly said.

Lily and Lysander were looking for shells.

"Lily's number one rule of sand castles: shells, shells, and more shells," I said.

Scorpius was scribbling in the sand, making a plan of some sort while Albus watched. Even from this distance, we could tell that Albus wasn't fully paying attention,  looking at his friend with a wistful smile on his face.

"How dense are those two?" Molly said rolling her eyes.

Soon enough Molly and I were yelling for the competition to get started.

The first rounds were simple.

The trick was to get everyone to start to think that this would be a normal game. But of course it wouldn't be.

-Hugo-

"Last round! This way everybody!" Dom yelled.

Just when I had started to think that maybe, just maybe. Dominique and Molly had finally  done something normal, they were leading all of us to a  temporary structure of what looked like a bunch of tiny rooms. It was a line of doors on what was basically a long skinny rectangular box.

"Every group is going into a room for the next challenge. It's gonna be like an escape room. The doors will only unlock once everyone has solved everything.  Rooms are preassigned because we have personalized clues. Now go! Go! GO!"

This is a bad idea.

-Rose-

"We have to think about this logically," I said. I started running my hands up and down the walls, and Frank did the same. I found something that gave a click when I pushed it. Two vials tipped into my hand. They were labeled in glow-in-the dark lettering so we could read them in the darkness.

'Drink Me,' they said.

"Very Alice in Wonderland," I muttered. I passed one to Frank. "Well, it's not like they're trying to kill us." 

I started to uncork the top.

-Lorcan-

"They're trying to kill us!" Hugo grumbled.

"It's just a game," I said. Even though this did seem quite suspicious, I doubted they were trying to kill us.

There was a crackling sound and Dominique's voice came through a speaker in the ceiling.

-Dominique-

"Almost no one is drinking the bottles!" I declared into my microphone.

"Lily, throwing the bottle at the door, won't make it explode. Hugo, I'm not trying to kill you- yet. Albus and Scorpius, please quit over thinking it! Thank you!" I finished my announcement and turned to Molly. 

"After all that happened in fourth year, those two over complicate everything," I said.

"I mean they were almost murdered-" Roxanne started.

"Excuses!" Molly declared.

Finally got a decent sized part written. I was gonna make this one only two parts- I really was! But I wanted to post this soon so... 

~Vi