CHAPTER 1

* ˚ ✦ That's the thing about Hell. Once you're admitted, there is no escape * ˚ ✦

- Kayla Krantz, Blood Moon

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . 

There she was, standing at the outer line of the forest, where the most memorable memories took place

There she was, standing at the outer line of the forest, where the most memorable memories took place. She remembered those memories very clearly, as clear as the day. Those memories will always embedded in her brain, no matter how broken she was.

Nothing was ever the same anymore since her games. Yes, she won and came back to her family. But it was not the same. Her innocence was gone the very second she killed someone. Her only anchor was her family. Her father and sister, the people she must protect at all costs. No matter how broken she was, no matter how scared she was, her priority was her family. 

Elizabeth was never thought that she would be ever free anymore. The games has took so much from her. Every night was a nightmare she needed to get through. It was different, yet the same every time. From her killing the tributes to her family getting hurt because of her. She was never safe, even after the game offered her so much. But she was not regretting the choice she made. It was for Tessa, her little sister, her little storm.

Elizabeth blinked her eyes to came out of her thoughts and started to walked back to The Victor Village where her house, given by The Capitol, were. There were not many victors left in District 8, it was never much from the first place. District 8 was known of textile production, to manufactured Peacekeeper uniforms or Capitol's clothes. The people of 8 don't really know how to use weapons, so it was a disadvantage for the tributes from 8. The remaining victors left until now are Cecelia and Woof. They were both old and not in the best shaped for mentoring the tributes, so Elizabeth stepped in and help them as much as she could in her own way. On her way, she ran into a few people who greeted her. Like usual, she only replied with a small nod, not talking at all. The people in 8 understood why she acted like that. The trauma and horror she went through could change someone. She built a wall, acted like she was strong and sarcastic as a defense mechanism. 

As soon as she arrived at her house, she was greeted by a delicious smell in the kitchen. It must be her father. He was a great cook, other than her mother. 

"Smell delicious. What's for dinner?" asked Elizabeth. William turned his head and smiled. He still looked handsome and strong for a 39 years old man.