-21-

~THREE A.M.~
★♥◆♣
....
*unedited*
....
NINA'S P.O.V

"Yes, yes. Thank you so much."

We had a two month vacation ahead before the next semester started, so I had gone looking for another job. It was quite difficult to get one, considering I was still in college first year, but I got a minor job in a small boutique. I just had to assist costumers and arrange clothes. I would earn some more by doing this.

I sat comfortably on my bed, spending the whole evening reading a book. Time went by, and soon it was nine.

I made myself some dinner.

By ten thirty, I was on my bed again. I glanced at the clock again and again, just one thought running in my mind. Would Esther call? This was because, there had been a few times when she hadn't called. The night I spent with Nic when I had revealed everything about Esther to him, and several other nights as well.

No. She wouldn't call. Even if she did, I would be just fine. She had already taken almost everything from me. But she could do something terrible. I had two jobs that were safe. She could do something about that.

But the final question always was, that who was she? Did I know her? How did she know so much about me?

I had almost suspected it was Anna. But...how? More importantly why? But then again, it was true, that I only got those calls when she wasn't present in our room. After all, only Nic and she knew about my dad and my suicide attempt.

But how would she know about mom? I frowned. She seemed so sweet. She had been there for me...

Ugh!

I wasn't thinking straight. I just didn't know.

When she had barged in, yelled at me and left the room, I had seen hurt in her eyes. She was furious, yes, but there was hurt visible too.

I sighed. Another thing was, that if I assumed it was Anna, I couldn't just ignore the fact that I had seen Esther. Not properly, because her hair covered most of her face, but I had seen her.

I threw my pillow in frustration. As close as I got to an answer, I was pulled that much further away from it! Nothing seemed to connect.

All I knew, was her name- whoever she was; whether she really was a person, or it was just someone pretending to be her. Esther Granian Nightshade.

I glanced at the clock. 01:48. I sighed. I laid down, taking my book. Opening to page 57, I continued reading.

Time passed, as I kept reading. I was kind of tired of reading, so I closed the book, my eyes wandering again to my digital clock. I swallowed. 02:53.

I sat up, hugging my pillow.

02:55.

I began fumbling with my hands.

02:58.

I closed my eyes, taking my head in my hands.

03:00.

I kept staring at the clock...

03:05.

I didn't move...

03:23.

I smiled.
....
THREE DAYS LATER...

It was seven fifteen, and I had just reached home after my boutique shift.

Everything was going smoothly. I was earning almost double than what I was, when working just as a waitress.

Five days...It had been five days since Esther hadn't called.