-22-

~THREE A.M.~
★♥◆♣
....
*unedited*

....
~recap~
I missed her. I loved her. She didn't have her cellphone, I didn't have her address. I could just not trace her.

She must have come for the exams, because the scholarship was important to her. I tried to find her, but we were majoring in different fields, so I couldn't have barge into the examination hall and find her; I had tried, though.

I had also asked Anna and Hazel, but they were as blank as I was.

What surprised me was Anna just didn't want to speak about her. She said she never wanted to talk about her again. Why would she say that?

Only one answer came to my mind... maybe just like me, she had got a call where the person speaking spoke like Nina and said the worst things that hurt like daggers being thrown at you.

Nina claimed it wasn't her. It was some Esther. I knew it couldn't be her. Even if she wanted to, she couldn't hurt anyone, but the whole Esther thing was too much to take in.

I just couldn't forget that night...
"Nina? You know what? See!" saying this, he reached out to the telephone chord and pulled it off the socket!
My eyes widened, mouth hung open.

But what followed that left me really scared. My mouth dried completely, eyes almost popping out of my sockets. Nic was shocked too. He was frozen in his seat, like me, because...
.
.
.
Even though the chord had been pulled out, the intercom kept ringing!

How was that even possible?

I ran my hands through my hair, frustrated.

I really needed to find Nina. I just had one way of contacting her -email. I had sent her many emails.

But she didn't reply. Maybe she hadn't checked her emails lately...

I was determined of one thing, no matter what. I would never let anything ever happen to her...

~end of recap~
.....

NINA'S P.O.V

Sitting cross legged, I stared out of my window. I didn't have my morning shift that day. I smiled as I saw a cute little girl, with a lollipop in her hand jumping happily on the road, pulling who seemed to be her father.

I hugged a cushion as I saw him struggling to keep up with her jumping, laughing along with her. Sighing, I got up from my couch, walking over to my laptop.

I opened my mails only to find 153 unread emails. I hadn't checked my mails for a long time, hence this huge number. Widening my eyes, I looked through them.
Some were my online bill payment notifications, some were useless deals from various companies, but around 30 were from him...Nicholas Woods.

He had sent me emails asking about my whereabouts, situations, etc. He wanted to see me...The first email had been delivered roughly a month ago, which meant he had been sending me one almost each day.

I frowned, fiddling with my fingers. It had been ages since I last met him. The whole Esther business had even come to an end... My fingers shifted the mouse that was hovering over the 'reply' button. Should I?

I could meet up with him now, couldn't I? She couldn't harm him in any way now. The last email he had sent read that he wanted to meet me urgently, which was sent yesterday night.

Taking a deep breath, I hit the reply button and my fingers typed in an email agreeing to meet up with him...

.....

It was all set. I was meeting him today at the 'Corner Café'. I was excited, to be honest. Really, really excited. There wouldn't be the thought of him being harmed by her lurking around in my mind anymore, when I would be seeing him.

Grabbing my jeans and a white tee, I went to have a shower.

.....

NIC'S P.O.V

Finally! I was meeting her. There was just so much to say and hear.

She wrote in her email that she would meet me at the 'Corner Café' at noon. I could finally talk to her.

There was something else lurking in my mind too. I had met Dr.Brown today and we had discussed several important topics. It was critical to meet Nina soon or the consequences would be...bad. I smiled to myself...I would be able to save her now...

She was unaware...but I could help. I loved her. I can go reach any limit for her, and I would.

*****
Hey guys!
It's been a long time and so we apologise for such a terribly delayed and terribly short chapter :p

We will make it up to you guys, we promise. And just to clarify, we will not abandon this, or any other of our works ( that is, if we write another book ).

This chapter was terribly short, so sorry for that. This is just a filler, but the next chapter will be longer with a lot of more drama and we will go back to updating frequently:)

So vote, comment and help us get us back on track:)
Follow us if you like our story, please.

With appreciation towards you all for waiting patiently, and hugs,

-t&n:)