Chapter 12

"White, you said we can't reschedule!" I whined. He ran a hand through his fabulous hair......

"We can't Aneh."

"Then why the heck are we changing our departure time!" He snickered.

"You make it sound like we missed an airplane flight at the airport." I cocked an eyebrow.

"Basically, that's what we're doing, right?"

"Not exactly."

"Oh, I know how exactly. But will Mizu be strong enough?" I was smug. It wasn't that I didn't want to go meet the royal family, my family, as much as I wasn't too fond of flying really, really high. I wanted to soar in the clouds, not see the moon whiz by.

"Oh, Aneh, you worry wart. If your so worried, you can use your floating powers." I snorted.

"Gale and I haven't worked on that remember?" It was true. When I first killed a DiRay, I had felt a sharp pain in my stomach area. The pain resembled a stab from a knife, or so I had been told. Apparently, overexerting myself had caused some problems.

"Well actually, I wouldn't remember."

"Oh right. You weren't there."

"I feel like I've known you forever Aneh." He sighed.

It was a wonderful sigh.

"Me too, White." I flashed him a toothy grin. Wow....cheesy. I broke the awkward silence that was dawning on us by grinning theatrically, my eyes squinted and my teeth looked like a jackals. He chuckled, and his whole body shook.

"You wanna know something funny?" I asked. I don't know what came over me, but I had the sudden urge to tell white about the encounter with those...... girls. I almost called them humans, but then I remembered none of us were.

"Sure." He replied. He casually slung an arm around my shoulders. We were leaning on the side of a dark red brick wall after a vigorous practice. I realized quickly that the pain in my side only happened when I was floating.

"Do you know a girl with dark brown hair down to here." I put a hand just below my bust, and smirked when his eyes didn't stay by my hand.

"And dark brown eyes? Looks like a Mafia member?" I snickered in my head at the Mafia part. He nodded his head with a suspicious expression.

"She-" I started guffawing "-thought we were together!" He stared at my face for a moment before I realized he wasn't laughing.

"Are you okay?" I asked, concerned. His face was blank.

"He started whispering. I barely caught a few words. "Like...........NaNa.........why?........me........girlfriend...." Nothing strange about that.

"Hey, er, White?" I moved a hand in his face. His whispering had stopped, and only went on for, like, twenty seconds.

"Yes, Aneh?"

"Do you like her?" My face twisted into a scowl, and I snarled out the word her.

"No." He said grimly.

"Do you like anyone else?" I was being the over- protective girlfriend here. I know I had recently met White, and he had ditched me for Gale, but he seemed pretty cool.

I mean, h-o-t.

"Actually, yes I do." He stopped glowering at the poor tree in the distance. I pitied the tree. What did it do to be so rudely stared at?

"Who?"

"Like you would care." His response startled me and I gasped.

"Excuse...me?" I sputtered.

He glared at me darkly. What did I say? Was it because I brought up those girls?

"Leave." His Hispanic features shined as his brown eyes seemed to pierce my heart. I didn't say a word; I didn't trust my voice.

I had a flickering thought of colleen, and wondered where she was right now. I knew Kylie was busy sword-training, and the rest of the gang was gone. All except Maddie. But I didn't think she would help me in my time of need.

I knew I was being a baby. The only two words he had spoken to me were "Leave." And "Why should you care?" why was I overreacting?

I attempted to wipe the wetness that was blurring my vision by inconspicuously bring my shoulder to my eyes. It didn't work.

I made sure to walk on the edges of the halls that I had just entered. Anyone who passed carefully looked away. I rushed to the nearest restroom. I blamed my hormones for my sudden epiphany of sadness, but it was also due to the fact White had so rudely shunned me out of the blue.

I rushed past an open classroom, hoping my tears were gone by now.

Pathetic. My mind whispered to me. I agreed with my subconscious. I was pathetic. I heard a cry of surprise as I ran into someone. My breathing stopped when I realized it was Maddie.

Oh no.

I quickly got up and started running. I spared a glance back at her, and saw she was looking at me with concern.

Wait, what?

I slowly circled back to the Spanish beauty who was looking at me with a wrinkled forehead. I winced as she gave me a once-over.

"Hey girl, you okay?" she asked. I was so startled, I just stood there.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I squeaked.

\

"Good. You look like something's wrong."

"Nothing's wrong." My voice cracked. Before I had time to object, she pulled me into a hug.

"I want you to be alright." She was speaking into my hair as she said that. "You are my friend after all."

Since when? My mind questioned sarcastically. I mentally slapped myself, and found the image of me slapping myself quite amusing. I began to laugh.

Maddie released me smiled warmly.

"All better now? Sometimes all I need is just a hug." She declared. I smiled back.

I liked the new Maddie.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

I know I said 75 votes for the last chapter, but I wanted this story higher on the What's Hot list. VOTE!

I have exciting news. I have 77 fans! And almost 300 votes! I'm so proud! *happy tears*.

So comment on what you like, and tell me how much you love the story.....

P.S. check out LizzieClover, MadSquirrel12, Magickal, witchwood, callisa, Zeenah, and xxVampGurlxx whenever you can please!

Xoxo

Amesco