Chapter 16

I stepped forward. "Ignore the moans and groans of pain behind me." I said. White cracked a grin and Mizu rolled his eyes.

"Oh gosh." He teased. I smiled.

"Would you like a beating too?"

He put a hand over his heart. "You wouldn't want to damage your only source of oxygen when your floating by the moon?"

"Who said I ever needed oxygen?" His mouth moved like a fish's when I said that. White burst out laughing and Mizu and I both glared at him. He shut up.

"Sorry," He wiped away a tear. "I just wonder if you too are dating sometimes." We both fumed.

"Who's dating?" Gale asked as he rubbed his back. I quirked an eyebrow.

"Why, you and...... Who do you like?" I said teasingly. He glared at me, but it quickly turned into a wince.

"Haha." He said lamely.

Mizu looked at the imaginary watch on his wrist. "We better go." He said warningly. " I just ate."

I rolled my eyes. "And we all know the all -powerful Mizu controls EVERYTHING in life."

"Not everything." He said defensively.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry, I forgot you can't control Kylie."

He gasped. He really did like her. Before Mizu could say anything else about the subject, Marci popped in.

"Hello everyone!" She greeted as Becka and Kylie finally made their appearance. As they shot me glares, they moved into positions to say goodbye. I looked at Marci.

She was wearing something I pictured most middle-aged women to wear. A dark dress hung a little loosely from her body, and she wore a large beaded necklace on her collarbone. She wore slip-ons, versus the uncomfortable heels most women wore.

"Are we ready?" Mizu asked.

"Yes." She replied. Her gaze whipped to White. "Aren't we?"

He shrugged. "I am."

She nodded. "Okay." Then she cleared her throat. "We gather here today-"

"To leave!" Kylie interjected exasperatedly from the side. Marci glared at her.

"I was saying," She said.

"Goodbye." I finished impatiently. Marci threw her hands up in the air.

"I give up!" She declared.

"Good." I snickered. White and Becka cracked a grin while Kylie burst out laughing. She couldn't even hold it in.