.2

.2

Dividing Accords

June 2016

Avenger Facility, Upstate NY, USA

The facility was quiet, apart from the continuous voice that was edited by multiple electronic devices in the compound. The news were flashing on the devices, some Avengers paying close attention while some tried to ignore them. Even a month after the events of Lagos, the news were still all over it, all over them.

Amina was one of the Avengers that couldn't let her phone down. Her eyes were constantly on the news, interest peaking each time a new article about them was posted on any media outlet. After a month, she had found herself subscribing to seven different american newspapers just to see their opinions on the matter. She was surprised that the facility wasn't surrounded by journalists, but she guessed that they were last thing the civilians wanted to see.

Even when she was outside, trying to get some fresh air, Amina still had her phone tightly in her hands, watching the latest news report. Her eyebrows were creased and she bore a constant frown on her soft face ever since returning from the mission.

"Still listening to that bullshit?" She heard a voice ask.

Her phone suddenly seemed to burn, making her flinch slightly and put it in her pocket. But Sam had already seen her, he had already heard the voice of the journalist putting the blame on them all. She let out a sigh, leaning back against the wall. Sam walked towards her and mimicked her actions, taking the same stance as she had. They stood in silence, but Amina could feel Sam's burning stare on her.

"We did everything we could," commented Sam, as if he could read her thoughts.

"Wanda is blaming herself," said Amina, as if she hadn't even heard Sam's previous words.

... I am blaming myself.

"Are you blaming yourself?" Asked Sam, as if he could read her thoughts.

The woman didn't answer. She remained locked in her silence, turning her head away from her friend so he wouldn't see the thoughts racing through her eyes. She didn't want to talk about how she felt about the situation, or about how she felt about the team ever since the disastrous events of Sokovia. She knew the governments of the world wouldn't allow them to continue the way they did, and when Tony told her to prepare for a visit of the Secretary of State, she knew something was bound to happen.