.4

.4

Freight Car

June 2016

Bucharest, Romania

The car was speeding. Amina was seated in the middle of the backseat of a very nice Audi because she wanted to have eyes on what happened on the road. The agent behind the wheel was driving like a maniac, but so was every car behind them.

Fortunately for Amina, she was good friends with Sharon Carter. The woman gave her some extra clothes. The suit's pants were right on her preferences, and they suited her perfectly. Underneath her sling was a silk white button up shirt that was properly tucked into her pants. Unfortunately, Sharon and Amina didn't share the same shoe size, so the young woman was stuck in her very pretty, but very painful heels.

Amina couldn't make any comments of the way the agent drove. They were following criminals after all, and just as Amina had predicted, Steve Rogers was one of them. Of course, Sam was tagging along, but there was one more individual that caught Amina's interest. The person was wearing a metal cat suit — a panther to be more precise, but a cat nevertheless.

The car stopped abruptly, and Amina flew forwards. The masked agent that was in the passenger seat threw his arm out between his seat and the driver's, allowing her to hold on it with her good arm so she wouldn't go flying in the windshield. She gave him a small thanks, waiting a few seconds for the pain in her body to fade away.

When she was ready, she opened the door of the car and stepped out. When she did so, everyone seemed to freeze at look in her direction, even Rhodey's, who was pointing the reactors in his metal hand suits at the man in the cat costume, as well as at Steve and Barnes. Feeling the stares, she straightened her posture, used her good arm to dust away her shirt, and looked around.

She paid no attention to the members of the task force, or even Rhodey. Her eyes found the ones she was looking for most.

Steve Rogers was staring right back at her. He heard from the news that she had been injured in the bombing, but he didn't expect her to show up at his arrest. Her face was heavily bruised littered in cuts and red dots where the glass hit her. She hard a bruise on her jaw that was turning purple, and the heavy sling that kept her hand and shoulder in place told him her injury wasn't a small one.

No one amongst them spoke. The task force didn't move because, to her luck, Everett Ross had told them she was in charge.

Even James Buchanan Barnes himself was staring at Amina Khan's injured and cold face. The woman's expression was surprisingly amused. It was as if she had known exactly what would happen. She couldn't help the small smirk that tugged at the corners of her lips. She looked around, opened her good arm to incite Steve to look around too.