Stormy cloud

She wasn't having a good sleep as Bly woke up from the recurring nightmares of flashes of her world. She couldn't piece it together and she wasn't sure if her demon was trying to tell her something.

Somehow, she found herself walking away from the hotel, from Skyler far into the woods.
****
News of the murder that happened took no time to spread like wildfire in a small town like Santa Barbara. The police department had their hands full with investigations as they invited the residents in the town over for questioning. Starting from the visitors, vacationers to the long time residents. They intended to leave no one out even if it took them months.

Bly and Skyler happened to be part of the very first batch to be questioned as they were recorded as one of the last people to come into town before the incident occurred.

Skyler was quite shocked such happening occurred in a city like this especially as the place was known to be very peaceful with low crime rates making it the perfect place for vacations. Why did it have to be when they came to the town for the very first time?. Her mind was wandering but she shut the brewing thought down as she pinned it as a mere coincidence, a terrible one at that.

She glanced over at Bly for what seemed like the thousandth time since they were invited to SBPD to give their statement on where they were, what they were doing and with whom they were at the estimated time of the discovery and the happening of the incident.

She didn't know what was going through Bly's mind and she was scared to ask knowing the look on her face all too well. She had on a look  Sky knew to be her 'I'm in my head' look and she knew better than to invade that time.

Skyler however couldn't help thinking that Bly might have seen something or in fact knows something so she finally breached the silence asking Bly what she was going to say. Bly was jolted back to reality as they walked to the station for their duty seeing as it wasn't that far from where they were lodged. Bly suggested the walk to which Sky agreed knowing she needed to clear her head before they got to their destination.

Bly related everything that happened the night before just the way she planned on writing it to Sky including the part of their pretty intimate time together before they both fell asleep in each other's arms and woke up to the knock on their door with an invite to the station and a briefing of how one of the officers on late night patrol heard some wailing sounds from an old manor not too far from the hotel they were lodged at to find the dismantled body from it's arm lying in a pool of it's blood.

The smile the remembrance of how Bly damaged her body last night disappeared as
the graphical scene of the body found slipped into her mind. She shook her head as if that would rid off the thought as she glanced back at Bly as they slipped through the doors of the police department.

After dropping their statements, the detective told them that claw marks were found on the victim's neck and they think it might have been an animal but they weren't ruling any possibility out.

At this new information, Skyler couldn't stop her head from swirling as she tried to remember if Bly truly was with her all night. This whole situation was all too strange and confusing for Sky. All through their time at the station, Bly had her bitch resting face plastered on like she couldn't give a damn in the world. Skyler recognised the look from when Bly was bored in a class or at the Monday assemblies but she couldn't understand why she was acting like this in a situation so dreary.

This left the thought of  "could Bly have....?" running wild in her head.

She looked up at Bly meeting her pair of golden brown, staring deeply, Sky could see that this wasn't her Bly's eyes, her pupils were now the flaming colour of lava surrounded by the usual brown irises. Skyler looked down at the report of the case and back up at Bly as she was met with the residing darkness of her eyes. She gasped inwardly as she grabbed Bly's wrist leading her out of the station excusing them from the detective's presence.