Chapter 2: The Hokage

The latest news in Konoha talked about the new 8th Hokage. Everyone was crowding around the Hokage building to find out who the new successor would be. Low and behold, Sarada Uchiha would be the successor of Naruto Uzumaki.

"Oh my god! Sarada! You did it!" Chocho screamed as she shook Sarada aggressively. "I really did it." Sarada had a huge smile on her face and would make sure that everyone could see her smile.

"Congrats Kid!" "I love that Uchiha girl." Many of the villagers exclaimed. Sarada would be the first Uchiha Hokage, ever. Soon enough, her parents found out and other villages did as well. Sarada was now the talk of the town, and country. Some had to point out that she would be the prettiest Hokage as well. Of course, Naruto still has years left in him... but by allowing the public to know of his successor, it would show who he saw fit for the face of the next generation.

Later that day, Sarada went to go train by herself in the training grounds. Her shiriken throwing was incredible. Along with her sharingan... her mangekyo sharingan. "The successor to Naruto Uzumaki. I did it! After years of hard work, and continuous struggles... I did it." Sarada thought, then sighed in sadness. "Only if you were here, Boruto. Only if you would come home."

"Still thinking about Boruto?" A voice said behind her. She wiped around and almost hit the man in the head. She ended up only cutting a small piece of hair. "LORD SEVENTH! I AM SO SORRY!" She bowed and dropped her kunai. Naruto was trying to tell her it was alright and then motioned her to the rock for them to sit on. "I miss him too, Sarada. Although he has made his decision, we must understand his thoughts. You're still young and you will make mistakes too. His mistake shouldn't be a burden to you." Naruto said while putting his hand on the 17 year olds head. "None the less, as a Hokage, it is your job to keep everyone safe in the village." Naruto sighed then stood up. "I may not be the greatest father, but I am an amazing Hokage, -ttebayo!" He helped Sarada stand with him. "Trust your gut, head, and heart. The moment you faltare on any of them, it's game over." He started to walk away.

"Hokage-sama!" Sarada called to him. "Thank you, Lord Seventh." She bowed and Naruto laughed while walking away. He raised his hand as a sign of waving goodbye.

"His mistakes shouldn't be burden to you." Those words rung in her head like a door bell. She thought, "But what if his mistake... was because of me? What if his decision was because of me?" She sighed and threw her kunai at the target. To her supprise... she missed.

She headed home and when she did, her two amazing parents had a cake on the table... waiting for her. "Mama, you didn't have to." She said while taking off her boots. Sakura walked over to her and gave her a hug. "We did. We most certainly did have to." As Sarada walked in a bit more, she notices her father reading... the newspaper? He never reads the newspaper while he drinks his tea. "Papa? You read the newspaper?" Sarada asked while sitting at the table.

"Sasuke-kun, I was surprised as well. You never read the newspaper." Sakura said while slicing a piece of cake for Sarada, Sasuke, and herself. "An event had occurred in the Land of Lightning." He took a sip of his tea then lowered his newspaper. "15 unknown bodies were found in a abandoned warehouse. It says there are slash marks in the men's necks and stomachs." He received his piece of cake then folded the newspaper; leaving it on the table. "They believe it was a shinobi of the Land of Water. The swordsmanship was incredible, apparently. The person who had done it avoided any vital spots to allow a slow death." He took a bite of his cake then swallowed. "My guess is, the person was interrogating the men."

Sarada looked at her father in awe. Just by reading the story, he was able to know so much of what could've happened without ever going to the scene. "Who do you think did it?" Sarada asked as Sakura sat next to Sasuke. "Who did it? Now that is what they are trying to find out." He looked at his worried daughter. "If you think it was Boruto, calm down. He wouldn't kill someone if he had to. He has Naruto's genes, remember?" Sarada looked at her father in thanks then stood up to go wash her dish.

So many thoughts were whirling in her mind. She was trying to think of what the newspaper had said, or what her father pointed out. Yes, it was true that it sounded like Boruto. The cuts, the interrogation... but her father was right. He couldn't kill a person, right?

As word of the Hokage's successor flew around, it was bound to get to the two men in the bunker. Ezra walked into the main room with a newspaper. He threw it to Boruto, who was enjoying his lonely time. "What's this, Ezra?" He asked as Ezra sat across from him. "You did a shitty job covering up your tracks. A hiker found the bodies." Boruto opened the newspaper, but that's not what it said. "This says shit about the Hokage?" Ezra nodded his head. "Your old man is retiring soon, and ironically, your ex best friend is going to be Hokage." Ezra kicked his feet up on the table. Boruto looked back at the newspaper... and read the words, Sarada Uchiha. The successor of Naruto Uzumaki will take his place somewhere in the next 2-8 years. Congrats! Boruto sterned his eyes, and stood up in anger. "This was not the plan..." He thought to himself. "F*cking Hokage. Stupid old man!" He slammed his hand in the table; leaving a small dent.

Ezra stood up in surprise. "Woah there, I didn't think that would make you angry!" He walked over to the table and grabbed the newspaper. "I mean, yeah we weren't expecting this, but his could be good. This could help us." Ezra walked in to the kitchen and put the newspaper in the sink. He turned on the faucet and soaked the newspaper. Boruto just looked at Ezra's stupidity and walked in to the "weapons" room (room with the huge map). He looked at the map with all the pins. He stared at the one on Konoha. "I have to go." Boruto walked away and grabbed his cloak. "Boruto, where are you going?!" Ezra walked over to Boruto. Boruto grabbed his ANBU mask and headed for the exit... "I'm going to visit the Hokage to be." He then opened the door, and left.