chapter 8 part 1

Ambrosious quickly got the horses ready before sunrise and started to guide the horses. Needing to walk, he did just that while making sure not to trip or fall. Throught the ride, Ballister woke up around 10 am. "Hmmm? What? Ambrosious?" Ballister yawns and stretches sitting up he looked at Ambrosious with a lazy gaze. "Morning, Bal. Slept well?" Ambrosious smiled before drinking some water and letting the horses rest.

"Yeah. What. How long have you've been walking?" Ballister groans while jumping off the carrgige and helping Ambrosious make lunch. "Maybe a couple of hours. Don't worry, I know how much you needed it." Ambrosious kisses Ballister head softly before focusing on the meal.

Ballister sighed soflty and rested his head on his shoulder and smiled softly. "Thanks." Ballister looked up to meet his lovers gaze, Ambrosious smiled back and kissed his lips lovingly, holding his cheek slightly before resting their foreheads together.

"That's cute, guys. But I am starving!" Nimona groaned exaggerated while jumping and turning into an actual gremlin and climb trees, both men and almost devowers her food. Ambrosious turned into a fist of laughter while Ballister stared shocked and startled. "Close your kouth boss. I think there's flies in it." Nimona smirked before cleaning her mouth.

"You're still hungry?" Ambrosious asked while holding his out the small cup of food. Nimona nods furiously before taking it and eating it. Ambrosious chuckles drinking from his water. Ballister shook his head softly and ate his food. "Okay, I'll make sure the horses are fed before we leave. Keep an eye on Nimona!" Ambrosious laughed a bit before Nimona gasped almost offended. "As if!" Nimona shouted before chuckling.

Balister stared at his food before looking at Nimona. "Are yous sure this place even exists, and we can find answers for what's happening to you?" Nimona didn't answer at her she stayed quiet before simply nodding. "It's real." Ballister had a small worry face before nodding and decided to trust Nimona. "Okay, are you guys ready? Here, drink this." Quickly Ambrosious handed Nimona a drink, and she downed it before Ballister stood up and hopped on the horse where that careige was.

"Ambrosious, I'll take this one for now." Ambrosious nods and pats Ballister thigh before rushing to hop on the other horse and taking the lead. After a few hours, Ambrosious rushed forward and found a spot and setrle down for the night before taking the horses to eat, drink, and rest.

The stars slowly show off beautifully, the colors of the sunsets echoing their faces while Ambrosious mentally worries, he's been there, and now here. There to hold back up Ballister while he cried himself to sleep by niminas death. While also crying in forgiveness by actually chopping his arm.

Ballister forgave him long ago. 'It was what we were trained off. Honestly, I would feel insulted if you didn't chop it off.' Ambrosious could hear Ballistor laugh and now laughing with Nimona. Nimona looked better, but Ambrosious knew better. Why? Because he looked great, while depe down he was hurt, hurt wounded and angry, mostly at himself. He sided with the chief and the knights instead of his boyfriend and his new friend. "Ambrosious?"

Ballister called out softly, aware that his lover was looking distant, serious, and tired. "Are you -" "I'm fine -" Ambrosious said too fast and to harshly, he already regretted it. Tali a deep breath he looked at Ballister and held his hands and whispered. "I'm fine... Are you okay? This is a mess, I know you have your doubts about this place, but"

Ballsiter cut off Ambrosious with a small gentle kiss on his nose, his boyfriend laughed softly, pressing their heads together while smiling softly. "Hey guys... can we talk?" Nimona almost whisperes, the small sounds of the cracking fire filled the small silence while Ambrosious and Ballister sat down. Nimona stared at the fireplace, her form as the small child she transformed when the topic was really delicate.

Ballister was worried, his exprecion said it all, while Ambrosious stare dead the fireplace aswell, he was stressed and scared and so many things like Ballister but he held it back. Time will heal the wounds, and time will fade the scars. "Nimona-" "I know that palce." Nimona cut off Ballister, it was sudden, it was simple and soft. Things that made Ballister worry so much more while instinctively reaching his hand to Ambrosious and interviewing their hands, holding it tightly.

"Before you say anything else." Nimona looked up her eyes slightly watery, but no teeth threatened to fall. "I know that place. Its... Like a shrine? Temple? A huge library?" Nimona huffed sliding her hand over their face while groaning. "It's...it's hard to explain unless you see it in person. But its real, I used to live there... After the war and losing many people..." Ballister eyes grew wide with worry clenching Ambrosious hand tightly, while Ambrosious stares at Nimona and gave her a small nod. Hearing her words and explaining while also trying to be the bigger person and letting her understand that she can trust them, and she can rely on them.

"People? War? Lived? What do you mean? Nimona-" Ambrosious cut off Ballister with a side hug and holding his hip firmly hashing, "Let her finish... it's hard already for her to talk to us for something like this...give her time." Ambrosious smiles softly at Ballister, Nimona almost cried -almost, she didn't want to bawl her eyes out and get side track- Ballister gave Ambrosious a small nod before taking a few deep breaths holding Ambrosious hand tighter and staring at Nimona with a small smile but neutral expression. "I'm sorry... Continue."