Chapter 5

Phayu's pov:

There was a smile plastered on my face as i dried my hair infront of the mirror in my bathroom later that night.

The memories of the events earlier kept ringing in my head.

The relationship between them was absolutely adorable.

They bickered and fought like tom and jerry. But at the same time, they show their care for each other when it matters.

I was expecting his brother to be older than him or closer to him in age when he said his brother had installed the lights in his bike. Because even though light installment isn't as complicated as most other things, it's still not very simple.

But i guess the intelligence runs in the family.

Sun might not be creating complex AIs like Rain, but i can tell he definitely has his p's intellect.

He's like a smaller version of Rain.

And both of them are adorable.
.
.
.
.
.
One week later:

A week went by in the blink of an eye.

Rain and i met up around 2 times for meals, and once even went to watch a movie together.

But even though we couldn't really go out that much, he would text me whenever he got time. And i would reply whenever i had time too.

The texts would be random most of the time.

Cute cat videos, something funny or irritating that happened during class, asking each other how our days went.

A few times, Sun stole his phone and sent a few selfies of himself too. Which made me laugh since he would be posing in the silliest way he could manage in the short time he got before Rain realised what he was doing.

But i couldn't help but fall deeper for him even within that one week.

Every little mannerism and habit. It was all heartwarming.
.
.
.
I straightened up and stretched my back and arms after washing my hands.

I just finished with a bike that i had been working on for the last 3 hours.

And it's the last one for the day too.

There was a sense of satisfaction in my chest as i gazed at the ones i had finished today.

I rolled my shoulders one more time before taking the keys for the bike and heading to the front.
.
.
I stopped near the door when i saw the inside.

I had to blink a few times to make sure i was seeing correctly.

Rain was there.

He was sitting on the floor infront of the couch, papers spread on the coffee table and typing away on his laptop with a concentrated expression on his face.

I could see what looked like a bag of takeout on the couch near him next to his bag.

When did he...

I looked around, noticing his bike parked near another car.

I looked back at Rain.

Since when has he been here? And why did no one tell me he was here?

I slowly slid the door furthest from him open, quietly stepping inside.

He didn't notice me at all as i closed the door beind me just as quietly.

I went up to the counter where p'Nui was.

"He said not to tell you. That he'll just wait till you finish your work." She smiled, taking the bike keys from me when i put them on the counter.

I blinked and looked at Rain again.