INTERLUDE / / / IN THE PRESENCE OF THE SUPREME

Khan and other members of the WDF sprinted down the halls of the school. For once the admittedly cowardly drones of the WDF were actually trying to do their job, that being defending.

If they were successful in that though remains to be seen.

Khan was the first to run off, but soon other drones joined him. Thinking back to his daughter, he wanted to at least try to right his wrong. His relationship with her was pretty much in shambles at this point but maybe trying to save her would mend that ever so slightly. All it took for Khan to finally realize that he was a horrible excuse of a father was him leaving her to die, then she saved everyone with the help of a disassembly drone and that strange blue machine. The weight of his neglect finally bore down on him. He had neglected the last family he had, he hoped that there was still time to set all of this straight.

He was far too late for reparations at this point.

A blinding white light was all Uzi saw after her railgun had violently detonated V1's core grenade. She thought that she had been caught in the blast of the volatile detonation and was now dead, but that quickly faded away when her vision returned to her.

Burning debris rained down from everywhere in the large room they fought the creature in, as for the creature what was once it's abominable form had now been reduced to a pile of scrap and melted flesh. The corpse smoked from the sheer heat it was exposed to, it's wretched flesh still sloughing off of its horrifying form. Through the smoke and carnage one figure stood prominently, walking up to N the two drones gazed upon V1. 

Fresh blood and oil still dripped from the supreme machine's form, it still clutched it's shotgun in it's hands seemingly waiting for the mangled corpse to somehow stand up once again. Uzi was about to speak up but suddenly movement came from the wreckage that once was the eldritch abomination. 

From what she saw a small core on mechanical legs had broken out of the mess of a corpse, the heart attempted to flee and Uzi brought forth the red revolver that V1 had given her earlier. She went to aim and fire but V1 quickly closed the distance to the fleeing core.  The blue machine clutched the core with it's bulky red arm, suddenly a burst of bright yellow beams of light rang through the room. 

Looking to the walls, the same error message of the absolute solver that they had found earlier was burned into the concrete. Even with the hot rays, V1 still clutched the heart in it's hands and stared directly at it. 

Uzi feared the worst.

 "Do not tell me that you got infected by that thi-"  She thought to herself.

Uzi was cut off by the squelch of the heart being crushed in the supreme machine's arm. She saw V1 throw away the crumpled remains of the heart, the supreme machine turned around.  Oil and Blood were splattered all over it's single yellow orange eye, with more of the mixture of fluids being seemingly absorbed by it's very body.  

Uzi felt a chill run down her mechanical spine as the machine glared back at her and N,  the machine was already utterly menacing just watching it fly around at lightning speeds and destroy all it fought with laser focused precision.  But now to Uzi and N.....

It stood before them as if it was an angel of death.

The more brutality V1 put on display to the two drones not only shook them to their cores , but also added to the mystique behind this machine.

What was this machine?

Was it from another company? 

Why was it so skilled in battles? 

Why was it here?

All those questions and more ran through Uzi and N's digital minds, but no answers ever presented themselves.  N walked up to the supreme machine, "Hey uh.... you okay?" He asked. V1 only nodded in response, though Uzi still feared that the machine had been affected by the solver.  She saw the machine nod in response though that still didn't shake her fears off. Unbeknownst to her though, V1 had spat in the face of the solver. The child of man cared not for it's egotistic ramblings, plus the thought of being a puppet on strings for the arrogant AI went against the machine's free will.