6

Third Persons perspective:

Destination: Principals Office

"I am so sorry for his actions but please don't expel him, we've just been going through a lot and-" "ma'am we've been excusing a lot of his actions, from stealing, to fighting, especially with the skipping a lot of class. He needs help." The girl with h/c hair stared at the principal with a defeated look. "Look, just give my son a chance we just found out his dad is dead, and he-" "We cannot excuse this sort of behavior ma'am."

"Okay, well thank you for your time." She said as she stood up and walked out, her son was sitting outside of the office and quickly stood up when his mom walked past her.

"Mom-" "Save it." She snapped as they walked out of the school building.

When they reached the car, Y/n put her head on the wheel, she was a mess, she hasn't done her hair, her eyes were dark from the lack of sleep, and her lips looked like a corpse.

Y/n's eyes started watering, "Mom I'm sorry." Marcos said out of nowhere.

There was silence in the car for a moment, but Y/n finally got the courage to sit up.

"I have busted my ass to pull the both of us, I have a job I don't even fucking enjoy to provide food in the table, and you wanna fuck your life up?" Y/n asked her curly haired son as she looked at him in anger.

"Mom it's not like that-" "BUT YOU'RE DOING IT! God Marco!" Y/n exclaimed as she started the car.

"No you don't get it mom! You're not even here for me anymore! You're always in bed fucking crying instead of paying attention to me all because of dad! Just accept it! I already did!" He raised his voice as they drove back home.

She fell silent, not knowing what to say.

Marco scoffed, "I lost my dad but you don't see me bitchin."

The young mother slapped her son. "You do not get to criticize me, you don't know SHIT Marco, you don't get anything I've been going through, I lost a part of me, I lost the love of my life!" She said.

Y/n closed her eyes and tried to calm herself.

If miles were here, he'd guide his son to be a better person, or even tell him ways not to get caught at school, he'd be a great dad.

But he's gone.

"I can't do this anymore." Y/n spoke quietly, "What? What are you talking about-" "I'm sending your ass to military school." Was Y/n's first thought, "What?!? Mom! No! You are not doing this to me- dad made me promise to take care of you." The mom turned to look at her son and chuckled, "He's dead, so, you do not even have to worry about it!" "Mom no, stop don't do this to me." "I can't fucking raise you to act right, I have no other option, no school is gonna take you in now!" She exclaimed.

Marcos looked at the floor of the car, "I'm sorry for everything, I'm just hurt. Do you know what happens at school? I get picked on everyday, the same group always tells me about my 'deadbeat' dad and it hurts! Because my dad is actually gone." Marcos explained.

She looked at him, "I'm sorry I didn't know."

"You're right, you never know, because you're in your own little fucking world." Marcos scolded as he didn't face her.

"Marcos please forgive me I really didn't know, I wish you could've told me and I would've moved you out before something like this would happen! No school in New York is going to accept you baby! The kid legit is paralyzed in the hospital!"

"Jesus mom! Yeah! Just like that it's always my fault! Send me away."

"If your dad was here this wouldn't be happening, but you're stuck with me, and I ran out of options."

Marcos scoffed, "If dad was alive, he wouldn't let this happen. He wouldn't give up on me, but god, they let you live instead, sometimes I wish you were the one who died." Y/n's heart broke more.

She knew he was right too.

They parked at the front of the penthouse and Marcos got out of the car first. Leaving Y/n alone.

She didn't cry, she just sat there.

"He beat up another kid again Miles." Y/n said as she walked in the kitchen where miles was cooking, "Why was that?"

"I don't know! He won't tell me!" Y/n said as she sat in the island chair and put her head on the table.

Miles chuckled, "I'll handle this, but first, what's going on?" He asked as he kissed his long time girlfriends shoulder, "Sometimes I just wanna give up." She muttered.

She was a little surprised miles didn't say anything, so she looked up to face him, he was staring at her with a worried expression.

"Miles?"

"Is this my Y/n taking or is this earth 42 Y/n talking?" He joked, I chuckled, "Oh shut up." I said as I stood up, he lifted my chin and kissed me, "Do not give up on me Y/n." He said, he lifted his pinky and Y/n sighed exaggeratedly and gave him her pinky as they did a silent promise.

"What are you making anyways?" Y/n asked, "Enchiladas." "Great! I'm hungry!" Y/n said as she picked up a plate.

Her eyes slowly opened and still nothing made sense.