VI.

"Cause I can see you, waiting down the hall from me."

I only talked to Lynn in first period the rest of the week. Margo was super obsessive over leaving me out, which made school suck. Practice that Wednesday was miserable, too. The soccer ball was only passed to me once by Paula, who had to convince Margo it was just an accident.

At lunch on Thursday, Margo came by my table and poured expired milk all over my food. I was in utter disbelief that she could be so mean. In our 3 years of being friends, she had never been like that before to anyone, and I think it's really silly that this is all over me having a crush on her other friend.

When the final bell rang on Friday, I rushed out of school to start the weekend. It was such a relief to finally be away from the drama. I pretty much spent the rest of the day in my bed, trying not to think too much about everything. I called Cecilia for about an hour and we made plans to go the mall on Saturday.

I woke up a bit late this morning and had to hurry and get ready. Cecilia said her mom was going to pick me up around 10:30, so I ate a quick breakfast and watched some TV while I waited.

The picked me up right on time and Mrs. Palmer explained that she was going to let us walk around by ourselves and that we had to text her when we wanted to leave. I thanked her for driving me and Cecilia and I went on our way.

We stopped in the food court and ate first, fueling ourselves for our shopping trip. Cecilia dragged me into Pacsun and bought like 600 swimsuits and begged me to buy this blue bikini, that she swore would look great on me, but I knew she would just take it from me since she does that with all the clothes I don't wear.

We were in line at Starbucks when I got a notification. It was from Lynn.

LJ 🤨
heyy

Freya 💜
whats up

LJ 🤨
not much
hbu?

Freya 💜
im at the mall rn

LJ 🤨
cool
i just had a quick
question

Freya 💜
hit me

LJ 🤨
so i have a basketball
game tonight and was
wondering if u wanted
to come?

Freya 💜
what time?

LJ 🤨
6:30

Freya 💜
yeah sure, sounds fun

LJ 🤨
awesome!

"Who are you texting?" Cecilia asked, making me look up. "No one." I said in a defensive tone. "Mhmm.." When I wasn't paying attention she grabbed my phone out of my hand and read the messages. "Oh my god!"

She started typing and I attacked her, trying to get my phone back. I gave up when it was my turn to go order. Once I paid, I moved over to the pick-up counter. Cecilia joined me, giggling while looking down at the screen in her hand. "I swear to God. If you did something, I'll kill you."

She handed me back my phone and held her hands up in the air. "I just helped you out a bit." she said, winking at me. As we continued walking through the mall, I read through the messages she sent.