Chapter Ten.

~~~~

My friends and I-- we've cracked the code...

We count our dollars on the train to the party...
And everyone who knows us knows...
That we're fine with this...
We didn't come from money...

~~~~

[Rory's outfit]

[Rory's outfit]

Rory~

THANK GOODNESS they were all still asleep by the time I arrived back home at 5: 15 AM. I stopped at the beach, went for a swim and then I had effortlessly sneaked back in, without detection when I found Pope passed out on the pullout sofa and JJ on the couch that was on the porch.

And I assumed John B was in his room as I grabbed a change of clothes from my room and went to the bathroom, to take a shower.

The only thing that wasn't cut off after the storm was the water supply and I was grateful for that. I wait until it turns a little warm to start shower and then just stand there, beneath the shower nozzle, the water pouring on me, on my body, the warm water soothing my muscles.

The tension flowing away with it from my body. Having sex with Rafe is never a good aftermath feeling. I end up feeling disgusted of myself and shower the longest. Scrubbing my skin till it turns red, because I want all traces of him ever having touched me, wash away from my body.

I sighed heavily, wanting that nightmare to end soon. The gold of the Royal Merchant has given me new hope, I can pay him off in an instant if we end up finding that gold.

Shaking my head, and ridding these thoughts from my mind, I wash my hair and body and soon enough as the warm water turns cold once again, I grab my towel and turn the knob of the shower.

I quickly clean myself with the towel and pull on my deep sea-green bikini bottoms and top on my body, pulling on my denim shorts after as I exit the bathroom, rubbing my hair with the towel to get it dry as I walk down the hallway.

"Where were you?" I heard John B ask.

I gasped, placing my hand on my chest as I didn't expect him to come out of nowhere. "Jeez, you scared me..." I sighed, getting back to drying my hair.

"Sorry... you weren't in your room earlier? Where were you?" He said, frowning.

"I, uh.. um, couldn't sleep.. after everything that happened last night. Just kept tossing and turning in my bed," I replied. "So I went down to the beach and had an early morning sunrise swim," I shrugged.

I've become too good at lying.

"Oh, alright, just let me know before you go next time, I got worried," He nodded.

"Yeah sorry, will do," I agreed. "Why are you up so early? It's only 6 in the morning," I asked.

"Couldn't sleep..." He replied, shrugging and we shared a look before I nodded and smiled at him sadly.