Day 22: Prank (Part 3 of Day 3: Road Trip or part 2 of Day 17: Hot Day)

👶👶👶

Pidge wasn't a big fan of the heat: sweat pouring in even the strangest places, the stove always bloody high in the sky, and the crazed desire to act like a 5-year-old. She was mother, wife, commander of the highest and most renowned Earth space base and she had a strange desire to play jokes as if she were a small child.

And seeing her husband dozing pleasantly on her sofa drove her crazy. She bit her lip, running after her up the stairs of their small but cozy house. Entered the bedroom painted in blue and purple, full of yellow and white stars, dodging the various toys and stuffed animals in a mess on the cool floor, she approached her cradle.

"Saturn? Do you want to play a joke on daddy?": She laughed, picking up the barely three-month-old baby in her arms as he giggled and moved his hands towards her mother, wagging his feet as if he were stretching.

Pidge laughed, holding him with her right arm as the other took the baby carrier and put it on. In fact, with one hand it was quite complicated, so much so that Saturn had to be put back on the cradle to better fasten it behind the back. When she was done, she picked him up again, smiling and bouncing the baby in her arms for a while, making him a little amused, then putting him in the carrier and going downstairs.

The joke she had in store for Keith was actually very simple and quite obvious, but that didn't mean it was any less funny. After all, even if they were recently married and parents, it was nice to be children once in a while.

She silently opened the door that led into the garden, stepping across the warm, somewhat dry grass towards a stone tap. Saturn in the pouch began to flutter his eyelids rapidly, making vocal noises as he tossed his head slightly and moved his little legs wildly.

"Does the sun bother you, Saturno?": she chuckled slightly, giving him a kiss on the little head surrounded by Keith's same hair: "Just a few more seconds and then we'll play a trick on daddy, okay?"

The boy made a noise in response, and Pidge smiled. She opened a plastic trunk and took out a dusty water gun and, after cleaning it, filled it with water, without forgetting to refresh both her and Saturn's little head. She went back into the house and, with a mischievous and lively smile, went over to the sofa where Keith was dozing peacefully.

"Are you ready, Saturno?": she laughed, giving the boy another quick kiss and aiming her gun. After he gave an approving grin, she started shooting, laughing.

"What the hell-": Keith exclaimed, feeling the pleasant sensation of wetness and freshness throughout his body, awakened from his peaceful sleep. However, she didn't stop, continuing to pull the trigger and wetting part of the sofa and the floor.

"Pidge!": He stood up, approaching her and taking away the water gun, the house filled with laughter.

"I have an accomplice!": She giggled, hugging him but being careful of the fanny pack strapped to her chest in front of her.

"Oh! It's not fair!": He gave her a quick kiss on her lips, gently stroking the baby's little head: "It's an unfair battle! Two against one, I never thought you were capable of that!"

"Yes...": she kissed him again, as they swayed pleasantly in their living room.