Day 28: Overprotective

💿💿💿

Pidge had by now bitterly regretted having let Nadia have the freedom to get her a dress thinking and hoping that the woman would take pity on her by getting her a rather simple dress that reached at least her knees. When she handed her a paper bag from the store at the mall where she went to buy it, she said it would be perfect for Pidge and she would never regret it.

Well, that same evening Nadia had organized a party for Pidge in honor of her 18th at a disco club (she didn't agree at all, explaining that she wanted a small party with few friends and people) and, in front of the mirror, she was cursing her brain for having thought such a ridiculous thing to ask Nadia to get her a freaking dress.

She sighed, in front of the mirror, putting her hands on her hips and trying to pull her skirt down as much as possible, trying at least to hide her thighs or at least get it just below her bottom. The dress, if you could call it that, was a classic tight black short (very short) sleeveless dress that enhanced her little curves, a small black cord was tied around her neck and hooked to the fabric. The dress itself was straight, so there was no real skirt, but it was still so short that she had to walk around pulling the fabric down for fear it would bare her bum. She felt really uncomfortable with that thing on, but she took a deep breath and held it up at least to make Nadia happy.

She sighed and walked out of her parents' house, Ryan's car in front of her.

"You are absolutely gorgeous!": Nadia yelled, rolling down the passenger window: "Get in, birthday girl!"

Pidge took a slow breath as she got into the car. In less than five minutes she was sitting at the table, a strawberry mint soft drink as she watched all the MFEs and other people she had known at the garrison frolicking in the disco or talking animatedly. In that moment she felt a bit left out, considering it was her birthday party and she should have been the one having the fun. In fact, it was Nadia herself who had arranged everything and so suddenly. But she would also have expected to find the ex Voltron team as well.

"I don't know if anyone has already told you this. Happy birthday": Pidge turned to the man who had just sat next to her.

"Keith!": She exclaimed in surprise, hugging him tightly: "I thought Nadia didn't invite you!"

"I wasn't actually invited. Veronica invited Acxa and she told me about it. Let's say I invited myself," he explained.

"That's better! I couldn't stand it anymore...": she snorted, looking around and seeing that people weren't calculating them in the slightest: "How about we sneak out?"

"Sounds like a great idea to me": he whispered, getting up and walking slowly towards the exit. She wasted no time in wrapping his arm smiling, walking slowly and looking at the starless sky due to the pollution of the city.

"Thanks for coming": Pidge smiled, looking at him: "I couldn't have lasted another second longer.."

"I'm of the opinion that you should spend your birthday well": he replied: "We missed a lot of celebrations on the ATLAS and in space..."

"Yes... you're right": she chuckled, returning serious with a slightly frightened expression as they arrived in front of a slightly dark street, full of pubs and probably drunk people, laughter and pieces of glass falling to the ground in the background. One look was enough for Keith to understand what was happening. He took a deep breath, took off his jacket and gave it to her to cover herself up, then placing a hand on her shoulder and dragging her towards another, more lit street.

"Come on, let's go this way" he said, guiding her and feeling her fear slowly diminish

"Thanks Keith.."

"Always, Katie..."