Day 3: Road trip

🚗🚗🚗

Keith didn't want to come; he would have much preferred to stay in their desert home or on their spaceship, but that was a Holt family tradition and since he had married the famous scientist ex green paladin of Voltron Katie Holt a few months ago, he had to go.

So they had left Kosmo together with Acxa, Ezor, Zethrid, Kolivan and his mother, they had taken a ticket for the flight from America to Italy like normal people and had rented a car that would take them from the airport to granny's farmhouse by Pidge.

"It will be hell for you...": she laughed, switching songs on the radio to look for a more traditional Italian one.

"I appreciate the sincerity...": he rolled his eyes with a smirk: "I mean, almost everyone didn't come to our wedding so I hardly know anyone..."

"Hey, there are my parents, Matt and N7!": she exclaimed, giving him a light playful punch on the arm: "And then you have to be prepared, most of my family on my father's side are over 50 and does not speak English, it will be fun to see you go crazy to communicate!"

"Funny for you...": Keith corrected her: "I mean, how does Colleen do?"

"My mother had to learn Italian even before marrying my father": she explained: "And it is now a tradition every June 2 to meet in the grandmother's farmhouse, and since you were stupid enough to marry me, you must come too"

Keith shook his head, hiding an amused smirk, as the car passed through small lanes in the middle of the fields, while on the radio they played an old Italian song that Pidge had mentioned. He understood it was called "Sarà perché ti amo" or something like that.

"I like car trips, we should do them more often": she said, looking at him with eyes full of affection and love: "And then, today will be hell for me too..."

"You're right, we should go on more car rides just you and me...": he smiled: "Besides, why should it be hell? It's your family, of course, you haven't seen them for a while but... every year you met..."

"First of all we don't have much time yet to take you and I on road trips by ourselves...": she sighed, looking at Keith: "Besides, I have to tell them about the baby..."

"What baby?" He scowled at her, with a confused look and a raised eyebrow. She just smiled, resting her hand on his, looking at him with sweet eyes full of love.

"Our baby, Keith..."