Day 30: Summer festival

🧸🧸🧸

Being parents is really difficult, right?": Keith sighed bringing out a cigarette from the jeans pocket, the high music of the summer rides, the exhausting heat despite being almost ten in the evening.

"Yeah ...": Katie smiled, crossing her arms and approaching man, looking at a carousel for children in the distance where her daughter was also with some friends.

"In reality ... if I have to be honest ... I like Andy, she is a very nice and kind girl ...": Keith smiled, looking at the woman next to him and giving her the cigarette he was smoking. She raised her eyes to the sky, taking it and putting it in her mouth.

"It almost looks like a joke": she shook her head, giving up: "You leave your girlfriend at the altar when you find that she is pregnant because you were not ready to be a father and then you get with a single mother of a five -year -old girl ..."

"It was three years ago ... I changed!": He raised his shoulders, taking back his cigarette: "I keep hating children, but Andy is different!"

"Different?": She raised her eyebrow: "She is a normal child like everyone else! That I know she could also be your daughter! "

"She is smarter than all the other children of his age ...": he closed his eyes with a grin: "Like his mother, moreover ..."

"Stop it ...": she raised her eyes to the sky with a smile: "I'm still angry with you for what happened three years ago with Acxa ..."

"I know ... I was young and ... I didn't feel ready ...": he replied, making burnt tobacco fall from his cigarette, hitting it with a finger: "I mean ... I have passed since then, I grew up and I met you ... maybe between me and Acxa there was no love ..."

"But between us two yes ...": she finished the phrase with a small smile, approaching him and leaning her head on the shoulder, then stealing his cigarette and throwing it into the basket, indicating the carousel and seeing Andy running towards them.

He laughed, stroking his shoulder and giving her a kiss on the cheek: "What are we waiting for?"

"Only Andy ...": she replied: "As soon as she is ready and want to have you in the family, then we will start a new chapter together ..."

Keith nodded, while the five -year -old girl approached them, with a stuffed plush.

"Mommy! Mommy! Look what I won! ": She screamed, waving the new toy in the air.

"Wow! It is beautiful, Andy! ": Katie exclaimed applauding, folding in order to get to his level. The girl turned to Keith, showing the spaceship.

"Do you like it, daddy?"

Keith almost lost a beat as much as he heard her, looking at Katie speechless. Perhaps...

"Oh ... er ... sorry Keith ...": the girl looked at the embarrassed ground, an expression repentant on the face. He looked at her speechless, then looked at Katie, then she again not knowing what to do. Technically, in his situation, it would have been great news that Andy could accept him as his mother's partner, and therefore, dad. Katie made a huge smile, kneeling in front of the little girl.

"Everything is fine, Andromeda ...": she stroked her chopped cheek: "Keith is your new dad, you can call him that ..."

"Really?": The girl looked at Keith and the mother, smiling and showing holes where before there were teeth: "But then mommy and Keith ..."

"Yes, little ...": she took her in her arms, approaching him and taking him by the hand: "Keith will come home with us tonight, and will remain, if you want"

"Yes yes yes!": Andy cheered, making the plush spaceship move in the air, embracing both adults: "Mommy and daddy!"

Keith smiled, almost feeling tears to get him from the cheeks, keeping both women who loved the most in his life, knowing that they were now a family.