Ch. 11

Mira POV 

My eyelids shoot open, I stare at the ceiling of same ceiling as yesterday. Peter told me that I was in his tree house after he untied my wrists making sure I wasn't going to strangle anyone. 

Right now it feels like I was beaten to a pulp by a giant. And that's saying something because those guys are huge. I looked around there was a bowl next to the bed with water and a cloth hanging over the edge of it. 

I am still sweating something fierce like I did seven laps around the entire island. I take a deep breath I sit up bitting my lip at how badly it freaking hurt to even make the smallest movements. 

I finally stand up trying my damndest not to scream. I am stubborn and I'll be damned if I am going to lay in this bed. I make it to the door where a latter climbs down to the ground. 

I get one step and I lose my footing falling onto the ground on my back looking up in a daze. I groan. Rolling over onto my stomach, Getting on my hands and knees. 

"Stumbling around like a bloody drunk." I mumbled 

"Frankly you shouldn't be out of bed." I hear from behind me. suddenly I am lifted into someone's arms, 

I am now staring up at those green eyes. Peter, Something's changed. Something in his attitude towards me has changed. 

I can't quite place it. 

"I told you love you're going to be in pretty bad shape for a few days until the poison is out of your system." He says looking down at me. 

One of his arms are hooked under my knees and the other under my neck. I looked up at him just a little puzzled. 

"Well it was worth a try I'm not one to lay around." I say in my accent 

He chuckled as green smoke surrounded us, And we were back in his treehouse. 

"You sure are a stubborn thing." He says laying on the bed 

"You're not the first one to tell me that." I shoot back 

He sits on the edge of the bed wringing out the cloth and wiping my forehead from the sweat. His forehead creases his eyebrows knit. 

And in the first time since I've met him even when we first met when me and Papa got stuck here I've never seen that look before. I know the look well, He's worried...

He now dabs the cloth on my cheek and I place my hand on top of his. His eyes shoot to mine in surprise. 

"What is it Peter?' I ask 

"I can tell something is worrying you." I say 

"Don't worry about it love. You just concentrate on getting better." He says patting the top of my hand. 

"There is something else I want to say." I said sitting up slightly that my back was against the headboard. 

His hand still frozen still on my cheek. I place my hand on his cheek. 

"Thank you... for saving my life.." I say 

We both stared into each other's eyes, Unable to take our eyes off of one another. 

"Pan." Felix walked in we both withdrew our hands like our hands just got burnt by the other's skin. 

"We've got a problem." Felix says 

Peter nods 

He looks at me. 

"Stay in bed." He says and leaves with Felix