~two~

The bustling atmosphere of the U.S. embassy enveloped Javier and Nina as they sat at their desks, engrossed in their work. Papers were scattered across the surface, phone calls were being made, and the hum of conversation filled the air. It was in this lively environment that Javier, unable to contain his excitement, leaned towards Nina with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Chiquita, you won't believe what happened last night," Javier exclaimed, a boyish grin spreading across his face.

Nina looked up from her paperwork, her eyebrows raised in curiosity.

"What happened? Did you win the lottery or something?" She asked.

Javier chuckled, shaking his head.

"No, no, even better. I had an amazing night with this incredible woman," He smirked.

Nina rolled her eyes, a playful smirk tugging at her lips. She knew Javier's way with women all too well, his penchant for spontaneous encounters and his often over-embellished tales.

"Here we go again, Javi. Another conquest, huh? I hope you at least remember her name this time," Nina uttered.

Javier shrugged, feigning nonchalance.

"Name? Who needs names? It's all about the experience, mi amiga," He said simply.

Nina shook her head in mock exasperation, her tone a playful blend of admonishment and amusement.

"Come on, show a little decency. The least you can do is refer to her by her name. It's the respectful thing to do."

Javier chuckled, leaning back in his chair with a self-assured grin.

"Decency? Did you forget who you're talking to?" He pondered.

Nina raised an eyebrow, her voice tinged with both exasperation and curiosity.

"How can you spend a whole night with someone and not know their name? Did you not exchange a single word?"

Javier's grin widened, his eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Well, we may have exchanged a few words... and she got real talkative once these fingers went to work."

Nina sighed, shaking her head.

" Por dios," She tsked, " You're disgusting."

The stifling boredom of their surveillance duty had settled over Javier and Nina like a heavy blanket. The hours stretched on, and with no signs of activity to keep them engaged, their minds began to wander. Restless and in need of a distraction, they hatched a plan to order Chinese takeout and inject a little flavor into their mundane night.

Nina dialed the number for their favorite Chinese restaurant while Javier leaned back in his chair, a mischievous glint in his eyes. As the call connected, Nina placed the order, eagerly anticipating the arrival of their much-needed culinary escape.

The minutes ticked by, each one seemingly slower than the last, until finally, there was a knock on the door. Javier jumped up from his seat, a burst of energy flooding his body. He opened the door to find a delivery person holding two brown paper bags filled with tantalizing aromas.

"Chinese food is here!" Javier announced, grinning from ear to ear as he accepted the bags.

He carried them back to their surveillance post, where Nina had laid out napkins and plates, ready to feast.

With the bags open and the delicious spread before them, they eagerly dove in, relishing the flavors that danced on their tongues. The savory tang of General Tso's chicken, the delicate crunch of egg rolls, and the comforting warmth of hot and sour soup filled the room, providing a temporary respite from their monotonous assignment.