Chapter 4: Friend or Foe?

"Kesh!" yelped a voice from the trees. Ves saw his little sister falling from the sky. Ves looked at the water pond below her, figuring she could possibly swim to the surface. But she fell from a very high tree and might pass out.

SPLASH! Kesh disappeared a sank deeper into the pond. Ves ran as fast as he could to try and save his little sister, even though she was a Mizu cat. But she didn't have enough time to transform so she could actually drown. Another splash was heard. Ves looked up at the tree where Onary and Kesh were hiding. Thankfully, Onary hadn't fallen. But then, who dove into the water?

A few seconds later, the Ratio cat's head was bobbing in the water. In his jaw's, Ves could see the scruff of Kesh. She was alive! The white cat swam to the shoreline where Ves was waiting to grab his little sister.

Once the two cats reached the shore, Ves immediately grabbed Keshinia and dragged her on the surface.

"Kesh?" He nudged his head into her fur. A second later, he heard coughing. He turned his head to Kesh's head and sighed. Bumble and Onary came running to Ves's side, worried about their sister.

"I told you two to stay with me! This is exactly why. You could've gotten hurt!" Onary's head hung low, avoiding eye contact with Bumble. "Kesh, you okay?"

Keshinia nodded. "Yes, thanks to him." She looked at the white cat whose fur was soaked and dripping. He stood tall and proud.

"It was my pleasure," said the cat, nodding his head. Ves noticed Keshinia looking at the cat a lot.

"What's your name?" Bumble asked and shielding Onary from the strange cat. "My name's Unamik and I mean no harm."