I

"You'll come back when it's over?" Rose said, tearing up at the thought of her big sister leaving for college. "Yes, Rosie. I'll be there for Christmas, I promise." Anastasia hugged her sister tightly, wiping the tears that rolled down her eight-year-old face. Rose held onto her leg tightly, not letting Ana walk. "Rosie, please let me go." Ana giggled to her little sister, she didn't budge, Mom having to pick her up. "Bye, honey. Don't do anything stupid." Ana's mother said, silently crying at the thought of her eldest leaving for college. "Bye Rosie. I love you so much. Bye mom and dad, I love you."

-CIA HOLDING-

"I didn't expect for those to be the last words I said to my family." Ana said to the women in front of her. They were in a room, with a desk and two chairs on either side. The women, Irene, sat in front of her, taking notes of whatever Ana had said. "Looks like your sister cared about you very much," Irene paused before continuing her sentence. "How was your reaction to when they were murdered?" Irene asked, Ana was taken aback about why she even needed to know what was going through her head in that moment. "Why do we need to talk about this?" Ana asked, her leg bouncing up and down. "Just a question I have to ask. Did you know about the bombing after it happened?" Irene asked a second question.

"I remember my parents not answering my calls, or text. I wasn't too worried because my parents are normally busy people, but then a week went by. I was watching the news until the middle of the night trying to find answers until I found out about a bombing and saw my family's names in the victims list. I felt so much pain in my body, like I was being crushed." Ana explained, her leg shaking and her picking her nails and skin, a habit she'd grown after her family's dead. "I know it was a terrorist attack."

Ana could read Irene and her face had soften, she hadn't looked at her the same. "Can you tell me how you felt, Anastasia?" The dark-skinned women said politely. "I don't need your pity. I want to avenge my family, not be a sob story." Ana said, her anxiety making her snap. "I just need to know how you feel, Ana. I know this is hard, but we need to know these things." Irene was nicer than the others she had spoken to, maybe her want to open up more.

She took a deep breath, feeling it in her lungs before letting go and began speaking. "I'm fine, actually more than fine. I'm okay until I remember and my body fills with anger and sadness. It's been 6 months since they died, and I still think about it every hour." She hadn't admitted how she felt to anybody, mostly because she didn't have anybody, she'd be able to talk to. The folks in college she didn't get along with, most too full of booze to even be friends with her. She had her family, now that was stolen from her.

"After their death, you began to give up on everything. Why's that?"

"Because I don't want to waste my time doing something that won't make me feel better about my family." Ana said, having trouble explaining the thoughts in her head. "So, you want to go kill all those terrorists that hurt your family, you want revenge?" Irene asked, not seeming to take Ana seriously. "You won't survive a minute out there fighting alone."

"Then I'll get a team, and if killing the fuckers that hurt my family will bring me peace, that's exactly what my agenda is. Revenge or not, those people deserve to die in the worse ways possible and I'll gladly be the one to give it to them." Anastasia confirmed, Irene's eyebrows raised at her response. "I like your agenda, Gold." Irene calling her by her last name.

"Why should I believe or trust you? How would I know you're not on their side?" Ana said, getting defensive. "Because I believe in you. Lots of people around here don't think you have what it takes, but I do. I know you can make me proud. They aren't expecting a woman to be an assassin or be as strong as you." Irene was comforting, sounding like her mother. "I've been training for six months. I think I can prove to you and the others that I'm worth it." Ana said, thinking back to the intensity of the training she had been doing herself. It ranged from shooting guns, throwing knifes, boxing and techniques that could help her along the way.

"I think that wraps everything up. Keep it up, Gold. You're doing great. I know you can become whatever you want to be." Irene said sincerely. "Thank you, Irene, have a nice night." Ana said, as Irene and Ana stood up, Irene opened the door, letting Ana out as two guards stood beside her, Irene waved by as Ana walked off, she saw all the men working at computers, multiple tv screens watching people, as she walked into a small area leading to where they hold people, two guards walked past us, holding a man with a muscular body, shaggy whiskey brown with a freshly shaved face, we made eye contact as we passed.

The two men opened a metal door for Anatasia, there was a punching bag and a weights around the room where she was meant to be training while she was here. She heard the large door slam behind her as the two men disappeared, it was silent besides the thoughts in her head.

She had one thought at the time, and that was she was going to do whatever it takes to avenge her sister.

Her Rose.

_

jus a background chapter i promise it gets better trust the process fr